• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
    Which album is that song from?
    Let It Bleed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Let It Bleed.
      You've left me speechless. (and a little nauseous)

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
        You've left me speechless. (and a little nauseous)
        Sorry. Sometimes the old Gregg slips out before I can real him in....my other choices were worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94
          "All Down the Line" was on my list for this upcoming pick.
          Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Another sleeper pick swiped, with Ventilator Blues.
          All your Exile songs are belong to us! And if you keep leaving them there until my turn, I'll keep scooping them up two at a time. :evillaugh:
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• My favorite false Rolling Stones rumor ... first told to me by my politics teacher ... who recalled how he was genuinely upset as a young lad when he found that his childhood crush, Marianne Faithful, was being allegedly violated with a Mars Bar by Mick when the Police raided Brian Jones's house looking for drugs.

Was Mick Jagger caught eating a Mars Bar out of Marianne Faithfull's vagina?

Comment

• Damn you Overkill.. 100 Years Ago was my next pick.

and make that 3 songs i wanted in "All Down the Line" and "Love is Strong".
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                All your Exile songs are belong to us! And if you keep leaving them there until my turn, I'll keep scooping them up two at a time. :evillaugh:
                I would have liked All Down the Line also, but I figured it would be taken before my next turn. That one occasionally gets radio play, Ventilator Blues not so much.

There are still 10 Exile songs out there, almost all of them amazing. And then there are the outtakes that got put on the Deluxe Edition.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Damn you Overkill.. 100 Years Ago was my next pick.

and make that 3 songs i wanted in "All Down the Line" and "Love is Strong".
                  I was getting worried at the beginning when no one said anything about "Waiting on a Friend" or "Street Fighting Man", but I'm glad to see the rest of picks were at least on some people's radars.

The "new to me" songs are starting to pile up - can't wait to discover some new gems!

Comment

• I love Waiting on a Friend, I just don't think it's a first-rounder, given their other material.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      There are still 10 Exile songs out there, almost all of them amazing. And then there are the outtakes that got put on the Deluxe Edition.
                      Re: the Deluxe Edition - is it worth picking up? I'd love to hear any comments on the unreleased tracks and the new sound mix.
                      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        I love Waiting on a Friend, I just don't think it's a first-rounder, given their other material.
                        That's the thing - all their most well-regarded hits ("Satisfaction", "Gimme Shelter", etc.) are songs that I like but don't necessarily love. Part of that is probably their being overplayed on the radio, but I couldn't justify picking them with a clear conscience.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                          Re: the Deluxe Edition - is it worth picking up? I'd love to hear any comments on the unreleased tracks and the new sound mix.
                          If you are a huge fan of Exile, it is well worth it. I'm not an audiophile, but the caliber of the songs is quite good for the most part.

I was fortunate enough to find at Target a single disc with just the outtakes, so I didn't have to buy Exile all over again.

Comment

• Is it heresy for me to say Exile's a bit overrated? I always liked the 1st record much more than the 2nd, and, unbelievably, what would have been my top 3 picks from the album haven't been taken yet!! As always, weird how tastes differ.

One thing we can agree on is how amazing it is that Charlie Watts, once the ugliest SOB in the band (and that's saying something) ended up the best-looking of all of them:

One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
                              Is it heresy for me to say Exile's a bit overrated? I always liked the 1st record much more than the 2nd, and, unbelievably, what would have been my top 3 picks from the album haven't been taken yet!! As always, weird how tastes differ.

One thing we can agree on is how amazing it is that Charlie Watts, once the ugliest SOB in the band (and that's saying something) ended up the best-looking of all of them:
                              Yeah, but Charlie has been 50 for the last 60 years.

Comment

• Son of a gun, I was thiiis close to picking "I Got the Blues" instead of "Far Away Eyes". Such a great heart-wrenching tune.

Comment

Working...
                                X