Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best thing that happened to you yesterday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I got to see my little kiddo in an ultrasound yesterday! Now that is an extremely cool experience.
    Congrats bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Raiders fan? What's a Raiders fan?

You know that Lamonica, Blanda, and Stabler are all long gone, right?
      Not in my heart they're not, my friend! JUST WIN, BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        uh...I'm learning to become an auctioneer, not to be auctioned off.....
        Sometimes you're the auctioneer, sometimes you're the auctionee.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Sometimes you're the auctioneer, sometimes you're the auctionee.
          ain't it the truth.

Comment

Most definitely a Raiders fan. Dunno about the gender yet, though.
            Might I suggest not finding out. It is one the great surprised left for adults. A bit like Christmas morning for big kids.

Comment

Ok, if it's a girl....I have pink Raiders' jerseys that Al Davis sent me for my daughters.

They will be a little big at first....but she'll grow into them. LOL

Comment

Dude, really?!?!?! That is plain awesome!
                Well, he sent them to me when I drove him the year he was the presenter for Madden.

He snet a huge box of Raiders stuff and he and his wife wanted to "thank my daughters for giving me up for the weekend to drove them" so they asked for their sizes. So my girls each got a pink Raiders book bag, jersey and pajamas.

But that was 6 years ago so they have obviously all grown out of them.

Comment

Ok - I will go...

Last night I spent the evening eating Chinese food and watching the last 2 Glee episodes with my gals 14 year old daughter, Brooklyn. I love the show and we had a good time laughing. She knew all of the Michael Jackson songs (the most recent episode). Then when Glee finished, Lisa (my gal) and I watched the latest episode of Once Upon a Time. The writers have done a very good job of keeping the plot moving forward and twisting things sufficiently to keep it interesting.

Dont read anything into this - - -Its fun to come home and have someone run down the stairs, hug you and get the Chinese because they are glad to see you and because they are really hungry.

I also realized that if I could afford it I would find a way to get tickets the the Michael Jackson Cirque de Sole' coming to Mpls in March. That would be a fun show to go see.
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Pretty cool, Chris! I had forgotten you were having a baby. Good stuff.

Yesterday was my first official day at my new job. This is the second job I have ever had where I love doing the work and the people I am working with.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

"This is the second job I have ever had where I love doing the work and the people I am working with."

That was my first, and current, job.
                      If it ain't broke...
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Congratulations mate - awesome news!!!! How far along and what country was the child concieved in?

If it was Aust - we are claiming her/him!

Comment

You know, it was in Australia.

We're thinking it was while we were on our caravan tour from Sunshine Coast down to Sydney. So, if it's a girl her name will be Cara and if it's a boy his name will be Van.
                          LOL, nice. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            "This is the second job I have ever had where I love doing the work and the people I am working with."

That was my first, and current, job.
                            If it ain't broke...
                            That's awesome.

My previous job that I loved mostly changed out from underneath me. Some of the people that I loved working with left the company, and the middle management changed and wasn't as receptive to our way of doing things. Also, I grew out of the role and had a hard time finding new ways to be challenged and grow, and some of the responsibilities I had that were initially interesting (like building and maintaining all the computers for our department) became boring and a burden.

I tried to address that by going to new companies (or new roles within the same company) where the jobs had new challenges, but I had trouble finding the right fit in terms of people to work with and the responsibilities of my new roles.

So if you have a job where you have continued to grow and find satisfaction, that is something truly to be treasured.

P.S. I don't mean to suggest that it's due to luck, JJ. Presumably you've had to do your share of growing and adapting and making wise choices to continue to enjoy and excel in your job over a long time period. Good for you.

P.P.S. If you feel like sharing what you think you have done or others have done to contribute to that, I'd love to hear.
                            Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 02-03-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

My wife and I had date night last night. Went for some excellent sushi. We followed that up with going to our church for a night of Christian Comedy that was just hillarious. We brought another couple with us to the church. My buddy laughed so hard his face hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                My wife and I had date night last night. Went for some excellent sushi. We followed that up with going to our church for a night of Christian Comedy that was just hillarious. We brought another couple with us to the church. My buddy laughed so hard his face hurt.
                                Was your wife allowed to talk?
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X