Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best thing that happened to you yesterday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best thing that happened to you yesterday?

With all of the challenges in this world today, it is good to reflect and remember some of the good moments. Not all are big ones.

So big or small what was the best thing that happened to you yesterday?

For me it was just getting home safely to my family after a challenging day with customers.

How about you?

Perfect cappuccino @ Starbucks

... not exactly a memorable day.

Comment

yesterday pretty much sucked for me but I got through it.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Yesterday was a decent day. Got confirmation that a California brewery is sending us a container of beer and they've been out of NJ for almost a year. Got to play volleyball last night. Wife is still pregnant but had a bad day at work. Daughter is still cute. A good day all in all.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

I bought some Hot and Honey Cheetos at Dollar Tree. Damn they are tasty.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Got a big kiss from my 2 year old daughter yesterday that made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
              Got a big kiss from my 2 year old daughter yesterday that made my day.
              and that is awesome pal.

You reminded me that my 17 year old made me a memory box with 100 reasons why she loves me, for my birthday. Best gift I ever got.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Had a school conference with my daughter's guidance counselor at school. She is a freshman in high school and has struggled. He opened her eyes to where her struggle began and how she could overcome it. She has shared with me that she has no motivation for school, but last night she spent more than two hours doing homework. She made the comment that now she understand what she needs to do and wants to succeed. She made a connection with a caring adult at school. Just what she needed.

Her guidance counselor was able to ask about my daughter's faith and spoke to her on that level which made an impact on her.

Great day!
                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  and that is awesome pal.

You reminded me that my 17 year old made me a memory box with 100 reasons why she loves me, for my birthday. Best gift I ever got.
                  those are the things that make it all worth it.

Comment

I spent an hour at the park with my 1-year old daughter in 75 degree weather.

Had a double double at In N Out and still kept under 1800 calories for the day.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I taught my 8th graders about manufacturing engineering and assembly lines but in the process made them think about others with less privileged lives.

Of course one girl argued with me that "those people" should just get better jobs if they don't like the substandard wage job that they have.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        Of course one girl argued with me that "those people" should just get better jobs if they don't like the substandard wage job that they have.
                        Download some library applications and get your class to fill them in ...

Comment

sorry - they don't have MLSs

I had casually mentioned to them this article and it seemed to hit a nerve for a few.

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/0...linchina/all/1

Comment

i stayed home sick from work with a miserable head cold. i had a splitting headache, so i took a vicodin that i had left over from my last crown. then i smoked some weed and laid on my purple couch and drifted in and out of sleep for 4 hours. i had my ipod playing on shuffle. i woke up at 3:56 and my ipod played eight songs in a row that had perfect druggy synergy. surreal. that inspired me to make a kickass playlist around those songs called "green viking". it really captures the weird mood of yesterday. i am very pleased with it.
                            ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                              i stayed home sick from work with a miserable head cold. i had a splitting headache, so i took a vicodin that i had left over from my last crown. then i smoked some weed and laid on my purple couch and drifted in and out of sleep for 4 hours. i had my ipod playing on shuffle. i woke up at 3:56 and my ipod played eight songs in a row that had perfect druggy synergy. surreal. that inspired me to make a kickass playlist around those songs called "green viking". it really captures the weird mood of yesterday. i am very pleased with it.
                              I bet this is exactly the kind of thing Gregg expected when he started this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X