'Desert Island Disc' Classic Rock Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you not following the Bowie draft

30.10 Life On Mars?, David Bowie, Hunky Dory, 1971 (WC)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• 30.11 River, Joni Mitchell, Blue 1971

Blue is one of my favourite records of all time. Like Murmur etc ... hard to pick one stand out song from it.

Comment

• It's my turn, so I am going to do one finally. Theme from Hawaii Five O. This is the full theme, which you rarely hear.

The Ventures album version.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• 30.12 Have A Cigar (Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here, 1975)

And we're done! (Except for the mulligans. And I waive my mulligan.)

Comment

• Mulligan:

Out: Fast Car, Tracy Chapman

In: About A Girl, Nirvana, Bleach, 1989

Thought I'd definitely pick a song from In Utero ... although there is a no-brainer from Nevermind still hanging out there! but then again ... I definately thought I'd pick about 5/6 bands that never even got a mention.

Comment

• Love "Have a Cigar" - great f**king pick
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• i too waive my mulligan..although I heard "Personal Jesus" yesterday and i had completely forgot about it. I though about using it as a mulligan, but decided to keep my picks as is.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Love "Have a Cigar" - great f**king pick
                  Yep Love have a Cigar. I find it amazing that I didn't have room for Pink Floyd. On any given day they are my first or second favorite back. But that is what makes for an exciting draft.

Comment

• Mulligan:

Out - A Whiter Shade of Pale, Procol Harum

In - Sympathy for the Devil, The Rolling Stones (1968)

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Mulligan:

That was the Stones song I was going to take.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Mulligan:

Frankly I was shocked it wasn't picked in the draft. Love it!

Comment

• Frankly I was shocked it wasn't picked in the draft. Love it!
                          Ditto. It is my second-favorite Stones song, after the one I picked (Can't You Hear Me Knockin').

FYI, as I mentioned in the other thread, I too am waiving my mulligan.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I just couldn't find a Stones song to take.. Love them, but they don't have a song or two that ranks among my all time favorite songs.

Comment

• Mulligan - Out- I'm Gonna Be- Proclaimers

IN- Southern Cross -Crosby Stills and Nash- 1982

Comment

Working...
                              X