No announcement yet.

Recount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would hope he shows up next year for the RJ Play for Pay draft. He has my 1st rd pick.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I'm not using my real name, but there are a few times I've come close to doing the same. A lot people here know my real name and it wouldn't take much for that to become obvious to some reporter who was doing some digging. A lot of people knew ElD's real name, and depending on the nature of his new job I can see why he wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Those of you who think ElD was such a sensitive flower that he couldn't handle losing must have known a different ElD than me.
      I know what you're saying--he's not the kind of person to shrink from his opinions.

It's never ONE thing that warrants a move like this.

I'd share my thoughts about why, but contrary to what people might think--I really do like Chris.

Plus I don't want to rile up Steve when I'm right about it
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Not near only Lone Ranger here Horns. You dont get any kind of points in some bigger picture game for waging battles on every corner of internet. Not one regular here can be swayed by mere words, regarding the election, or the recount, or HRC or Trump. Nothing could be more toxic than merely repeating the words Trump has used and to what effect? And as for a couple posters who have gone missing, with explanation that they dont want their professional careers somehow tied into this board nonsense... Knowing who they are, I take them at their word. There is nothing here that would put fear into anyone, these were not people overwhelmed by lofty logic wordsmiths, and they did not flee into the night covering tear soaked eyes.

But as you are here, and they are not, gee, free cheap shots are for the taking. I may or may not feel compelled to slam my head into a wall in offering up why this election was different, and why we have been harmed in easily 100 different ways I could rattle off, but again, to what end other than to vent of our firmly finding the leader we so richly deserve?

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Yeah all those White Christians like Bill Maher, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Jerry Seinfeld, Joe Rogan and the like. These guys are the standard bearers for White Christians, right?
          Uh, what's your point?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Its not just a White Christian thing........
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Its not just a White Christian thing........
              What have those guys said that's UN PC?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                What have those guys said that's UN PC?
                They are the guys on the left saying that the PC culture is no bueno.
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

They are the guys on the left saying that the PC culture is no bueno.
                  Not exactly, while they say some people use PC to advance their agenda not one of them advocates saying the N word, calling someone of Polish descent a "Polack"or of Asian descent "Oriental"

You see, It's very simple--You can criticize someone being homosexual for any reason you'd like, but you should never refer to them using derogatory terms. THEY define those and YOU can chose to respect their choices or not. Doing so marks yous as Un PC or Insensitive and can lead to people thinking you're a bigot.

This goes for all potential PC v Un PC conflicts.

Conversely, to label someone a bigot simply because they or their speech Un PC simply because they disagree with who you are or what you do, is what's hindering those who really only want for people to show each other common respect.

So again, there guys you say are anti PC aren't really. They're just tired of those who take it and use it as a tactic to advance their agenda.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Here's a question -- why is it only White Christians who have a problem with being PC?
                    It's not a "white Christian" thing. It's a first amendment/ free expression thing.

The abuse of political correctness inhibits free expression and honest interaction between people, and increases resentment towards the protected. It is used selectively and disingenuously as a political weapon by some unprincipled people to demonize opponents and stifle discussion. It obscures the truth about important social issues - e.g., it focuses us on police racism instead of bad policing across all lower class communities.

Encouraging respect is a worthy goal, but when the original intent has become as twisted as it has, it's time to rethink it.
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                      It's not a "white Christian" thing. It's a first amendment/ free expression thing.

It's not only white Christians who have a problem with it. The abuse of political correctness inhibits free expression and honest interaction between people, and increases resentment towards the protected. It is used selectively and disingenuously as a political weapon by some unprincipled people to demonize opponents and stifle discussion. It obscures the truth about important social issues - e.g., it focuses us on police racism instead of bad policing across all lower class communities.

Encouraging respect is a worthy goal, but when the original intent has become as twisted as it has, it's time to rethink it.
                      It's sad that people just can't see it this way. I have always assumed (incorrectly) that everyone wants to be respectful of others and take the time to find the way to communicate that reflects that.

If this were the case, when the issue IS a racial, homophobic or which term is applicable, we could address that specifically rather without being accused of playing the - Whatever- card.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Calling someone a derogatory remark is not against the law. Where is the line??

If an Oriental calls some Irish guy a Mick - is that hate speech?
                        If a Black guy calls some white guy a Cracker - is that hate speech?
                        If an Italian calls a Polack an dumb F'er - is that hate speech?
                        If a black guy calls a black guy a Nword - is that hate speech?
                        If a woman calls a guy a Hot Piece of Ass - is that hate speech?
                        If a guy tells a woman her dress looks nice - is that hate speech?

Where is the line - and dont give me some bullshit about hate speech can only come from those in power crap. Sure it makes sense to not allow people to scream FIRE in the theater (I give that). We should not be promoting laws based on what may or may not offend one person or the next.
                        I would hope that Christians would believe and teach that name calling is not an acceptable Christian practice. I am speaking of Christianity as a whole and not about individuals. I realize that Christians fall down in all areas of sin, but that does not make it ok.

Comment

In other news MSN has reported that Trump has won Michigan by 10,000 votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            In other news MSN has reported that Trump has won Michigan by 10,000 votes.
                            Yep, they certified that yesterday.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So Trump cant lose the EC.....

I didnt vote for him - I didnt like him - Holy Crap, I can only hope this turns out ok. William Weld 2020?

Comment

I'm sad that ElD is gone
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X