Recount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
    Eh, I don't see any evidence of Hillary pulling the recount levers from the shadows. Notorious control freak that she is, if she was planning to launch THE most important political action of her career, I doubt she'd let a lightweight like Jill Stein carry her water.

It's a colossal waste of effort and resources, but it's Stein's right to do so. If this is what it takes to close out the election out and move on, then recount and be done with it.
    There is no evidence, but there wasn't any regarding the manipulation of the Democratic Primary in her favor until WikiLeaks.

To use a poker term, to do so is well within her range.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      He's an idiot as we all expected. He may not serve his full 4 years.

Now maybe people will get off their asses and change the system that gave us Trump and if they don;t--They deserve to have more like him going forward.
      "change the system" is about as vague as "make america great again"

You are full of ideas - how about 5 simple ones that every person should do!

Comment

• AHHHH Wikileaks........ they hacked the DNC and stole the information --- no one should know about those emails ---- its the Russians hacking --- its outsiders interfering with our election..... Everyone should be terribly upset that someone revealed the DNC's email and tampering of the primaries......

You know if the DNC took responsibility for all of the underhanded and crooked ways it treated Sanders in the primary - they may have been able to get through the leaks. Nooo - rather than owning their actions - they tried to deflect the blame of what they did and pointed out how it was unfair that someone hacked them and found out their dirty secrets.

When someone has a history of saying one thing in public and doing something else behind the cameras - how can one not be specious about what they did or claim they didnt do.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

There is no evidence, but there wasn't any regarding the manipulation of the Democratic Primary in her favor until WikiLeaks.

To use a poker term, to do so is well within her range.
          It is within her range, but her behavior since the election doesn't suggest to me that she's interested in this fight. Whatever else she may be, she's a pragmatist. She can't win, she knows it, and there's nothing to be gained by her challenging the results.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
            How about we keep current of Trump daily tweets. He is next President, its really happening, and every day he makes news worthy shock utterances straight from his gut to the free world.

His latest yesterday, regarding flag burning, if anyone burns flag they should be thrown in jail, or lose citizenship. Is that an issue that has come up, did someone ask him about this? No, he conjured a scenario to rile base. I have never witnessed anyone burning a flag, its not a widespread thing that happens. I am sure some overboard wackadoo has done it in some protest, but Trump has declared an action that we all find offensive to be worthy of losing citizenship, unilaterally. Now if some poor sap wants to oppose that viewpoint, you know, because it is silly and we have 1st amendment rights that specifically have been upheld by higher courts, thats not an argument someone wants to have. You can tattoo a swastika to your forehead, you cant be thrown in jail or lose citizenship for it. You would be a dumbass and have to suffer consequences with your every waking moment. But hey, manipulate a media in creating a false story to divert attention.
            I imagine his tweet was concerning the veterans going to Hampshire College to protest their removal of flags from campus. Again, playing to his base. I don't agree with the comment.

On a side note, I did find a Facebook post in my timeline that I thought made a great point. "Dear Hampshire College Admin: If you really want to protest America how about not taking federal aid for your students."
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Yes, please, somebody convince him to close that damned Twitter account. He claims he can pivot to being more presidential; here's a golden opportunity to prove it. Stop the inflammatory tweets.

I don't mind him speaking about cultural events on behalf his supporters, I just wish he could do it like a sober adult.
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

• So if you're gonna bash Trump for his inaction, jump on the others as well.

I didnt bash Trump for inaction regarding Standing Rock, at all, as you can plainly read. I said if Trump would do something good, such as sending some tweet support for that cause, that would erase loads of bad in my mind. The rest, where you have consistently for well over a year railed against HRC as being behind DNC gamesmanship, or here as being behind recount effort by Stein despite zero bit of proof, that is your own issue shadow boxing with yourself. That is something forever we have been going around in circles, and you have taken position that she is guilty until proven otherwise, which is conveniently impossible to disprove. Again, no reason to keep up with HRC conspiracy wacko crap, other than it is reflex, but she is out of picture, and has not been at all trying to be in picture since she clearly offered up congrats to Trump morning after election.

Comment

• Trump ran on pro-business and law and order. I think it's unrealistic to hope he'll stand with Sioux. I think the best we can hope for is no crazed tweets denouncing them.

Jill Stein did go to Standing Rock, FWIW. Nobody noticed, but she did go.

Comment

• If you were honest you'd have to say--You don't know that she didn't and we have no proof that she did.

No, I would not say that as that is the stuff of an SNL skit. I said what I meant, she did not initiate recount. You need some proof of some kind, say a magical mouse told you otherwise, something, and to the strength of that evidence you can assert guilt, however flimsy that may be. To prove a negative, is impossible barrier, and we did away with that hundreds of years ago with the Salem witch trials. As in, I say you are a Witch. Prove otherwise.

Comment

It is within her range, but her behavior since the election doesn't suggest to me that she's interested in this fight. Whatever else she may be, she's a pragmatist. She can't win, she knows it, and there's nothing to be gained by her challenging the results.
                      I can see that, however from my perspective, she's a behind the scene manipulator extraordinaire. She carries her own water when it benefits her and has untold numbers of others who will do it for her clandestinely.

I think it's all about throwing more dissent into the air and giving her supporters more to hold on to as some are grasping any recourse to oust Trump.

Who is absolutely doesn't help in any manner is Stein.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                        So if you're gonna bash Trump for his inaction, jump on the others as well.

I didnt bash Trump for inaction regarding Standing Rock, at all, as you can plainly read. I said if Trump would do something good, such as sending some tweet support for that cause, that would erase loads of bad in my mind. The rest, where you have consistently for well over a year railed against HRC as being behind DNC gamesmanship, or here as being behind recount effort by Stein despite zero bit of proof, that is your own issue shadow boxing with yourself. That is something forever we have been going around in circles, and you have taken position that she is guilty until proven otherwise, which is conveniently impossible to disprove. Again, no reason to keep up with HRC conspiracy wacko crap, other than it is reflex, but she is out of picture, and has not been at all trying to be in picture since she clearly offered up congrats to Trump morning after election.
                        Shadowboxing?

Do you have to catch her with her finger in your ass to know she stuck it there or can you, like any reasonable person, glance at the guy with a stinky finger, a shit eating grin who's been eyeing your ass all night and make the connection.

If you can't, you live in fantasy-land.

Hillary has been duplicitous at the very least, this entire election.

She was fed questions prior to the debate and never ONCE apologized for it, called out those who assisted her in THEIR unethical behavior but then how could she?

I can go on a rehash the same old argument, but if you cannot see the underlying issues with HRC, which cost her this election, then you're no better than Trump supporters who ignored his bullshit when voting for him.

Period.

Now, if you can come to terms with Who Hillary is and What she's capable of and at the very east acknowledge there's a chance she's not handled herself in a completely ethical and honest manner during the election, well then we can talk--If not, Hodor.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Trump ran on pro-business and law and order. I think it's unrealistic to hope he'll stand with Sioux. I think the best we can hope for is no crazed tweets denouncing them.

Jill Stein did go to Standing Rock, FWIW. Nobody noticed, but she did go.
                          You know how sad that is, I have literally watched 10-12 hours if not more of video from and regarding Standing Rock, read countless articles and I didn;t even know she'd been there--Makes sense though, being the Green Party candidate and all........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                            AHHHH Wikileaks........ they hacked the DNC and stole the information --- no one should know about those emails ---- its the Russians hacking --- its outsiders interfering with our election..... Everyone should be terribly upset that someone revealed the DNC's email and tampering of the primaries......

You know if the DNC took responsibility for all of the underhanded and crooked ways it treated Sanders in the primary - they may have been able to get through the leaks. Nooo - rather than owning their actions - they tried to deflect the blame of what they did and pointed out how it was unfair that someone hacked them and found out their dirty secrets.

When someone has a history of saying one thing in public and doing something else behind the cameras - how can one not be specious about what they did or claim they didnt do
                            This ALL of this.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

He's an idiot as we all expected. He may not serve his full 4 years.

Now maybe people will get off their asses and change the system that gave us Trump and if they don;t--They deserve to have more like him going forward.
                              This might gotten lost with other posts

but

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post

Well I thought it was pretty election specific, sure Change the system can have many meanings, but this use was particularly meant to indict our electroral system.

Things are never simple, but I am full of ideas.

1. Expect more. More from ourselves, those around us and absolutely from those who represent us.

2. Expect people to be accountable and advocate serious consequence for those transgress ethical barriers.

3. Figure out if you're really in support of a government of the people, by the people, for the people, and find ways to make our democracy representative for everyone.

4 If you're an American Citizen you are automatically registered to vote and make election day a national holiday.

5 Eliminate Super Pacs and require that every donation to a candidate has a real person attached to it, no more anonymous donors.

I can go on if you'd like.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X