Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FB_IMG_1480376459538.jpg

Carlin
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      Calling someone a derogatory remark is not against the law. Where is the line??

If an Oriental calls some Irish guy a Mick - is that hate speech?
      If a Black guy calls some white guy a Cracker - is that hate speech?
      If an Italian calls a Polack an dumb F'er - is that hate speech?
      If a black guy calls a black guy a Nword - is that hate speech?
      If a woman calls a guy a Hot Piece of Ass - is that hate speech?
      If a guy tells a woman her dress looks nice - is that hate speech?

Where is the line - and dont give me some bullshit about hate speech can only come from those in power crap. Sure it makes sense to not allow people to scream FIRE in the theater (I give that). We should not be promoting laws based on what may or may not offend one person or the next.
      If you and I are alone in a room, and you call me any name, it's fine, it's a one on one situation and I can defend myself. However maybe a muslim woman can't, perhaps there's a group harassing the Mexican family down the street. There's dozens of reasons why you call the cops...it's not kindergarten "sticks and stones" bullshit, it's a threat, pure and simple.

Nobody deserves to be treated like that, nobody.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]829[/ATTACH]

Carlin
        That's an excellent quite

Comment

KellyAnne Conway is calling the Trump Electoral total of 306 "Landslide. Blowout. Historic". I guess it is if you live in bizarro world. Trumps share of the votes is actually...44th highest of all time by percentage. EPIC!

Donald Trump’s campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway — perhaps seeking to push back on the increasing attention to Hillary Clinton’s widening lead in the national…

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            KellyAnne Conway is calling the Trump Electoral total of 306 "Landslide. Blowout. Historic". I guess it is if you live in bizarro world. Trumps share of the votes is actually...44th highest of all time by percentage. EPIC!

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...n-a-landslide/
            I hate everything about that woman.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              I hate everything about that woman.
              Uh oh. Somebody fetch the scarlet "M"...
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...n-a-landslide/
                The kind of bizarro world where a candidate that won zero electoral votes can have the results recounted in 3 states.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                  The kind of bizarro world where a candidate that won zero electoral votes can have the results recounted in 3 states.
                  You raise the money, it doesn't matter how many votes you got.

I really don't get the faux outrage over this recount, both by Trump and the public. Is there really anything wrong about wanting to make SURE that every thing was on the up and up? That there was no voter fraud? That machines weren't tampered with in any way?

I don't care which side asks for a recount, it's fine by me. In Minnesota, a close house race was won by the Democratic candidate. Today, almost 3 weeks after the election, his opponent asked for a recount. Good for him, it's his right. GET it right...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I am not sure Trump helped himself by saying there was widespread fraud to the tune of millions of votes, he just tweeted he really won the popular vote by millions if you subtract the fraud votes. You then cannot say election is fair and square, nothing to see here, and shout outrage that there is going to be a recount.

Prior to vote he constantly said vote would be rigged, during election we saw steady stream of leaks from foreign hackers, never mind the organized centers that pumped out false news stories on facebook feeds, as well as our own FBI leaks, that decided election. And now, even after election you say you know truth, there were millions of votes fraudulently cast. To carefully weave such a full story that something is amiss, how can you now claim that a recount is a scam and ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      You raise the money, it doesn't matter how many votes you got.

I really don't get the faux outrage over this recount, both by Trump and the public. Is there really anything wrong about wanting to make SURE that every thing was on the up and up? That there was no voter fraud? That machines weren't tampered with in any way?

I don't care which side asks for a recount, it's fine by me. In Minnesota, a close house race was won by the Democratic candidate. Today, almost 3 weeks after the election, his opponent asked for a recount. Good for him, it's his right. GET it right...
                      Your argument would be a lot more compelling if the candidate with 0 electoral votes were asking for a recount in all or even a mix of the closely contested states. You know...to get it right. But when the candidate with 0 electoral votes raises money for a recount in 3 states that Trump won (kudos for raising more money in 48 hours for a recount than she did in 22 months as a candidate lol)while ignoring a state like NH that is also very close, I think the 'get it right' canard goes out the window.
                      How come it was 'horrifying' and 'appalling' to Clinton when Trump said he might contest the election results (her words, not mine)but when Stein actually does contest the results, the silence from the Clinton camp is defeaning? You know why.
                      One thing for sure though-- I am going to enjoy watching her lose. Again.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                        I am not sure Trump helped himself by saying there was widespread fraud to the tune of millions of votes, he just tweeted he really won the popular vote by millions if you subtract the fraud votes. You then cannot say election is fair and square, nothing to see here, and shout outrage that there is going to be a recount.

Prior to vote he constantly said vote would be rigged, during election we saw steady stream of leaks from foreign hackers, never mind the organized centers that pumped out false news stories on facebook feeds, as well as our own FBI leaks, that decided election. And now, even after election you say you know truth, there were millions of votes fraudulently cast. To carefully weave such a full story that something is amiss, how can you now claim that a recount is a scam and ridiculous.
                        To your point...tweet by lead counsel for Clinton campaign, and recount observer.

Marc E. Elias ‏@marceelias 24h24 hours ago

We are getting attacked for participating in a recount that we didn't ask for by the man who won election but thinks there was massive fraud

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                          Your argument would be a lot more compelling if the candidate with 0 electoral votes were asking for a recount in all or even a mix of the closely contested states. You know...to get it right. But when the candidate with 0 electoral votes raises money for a recount in 3 states that Trump won (kudos for raising more money in 48 hours for a recount than she did in 22 months as a candidate lol)while ignoring a state like NH that is also very close, I think the 'get it right' canard goes out the window.
                          How come it was 'horrifying' and 'appalling' to Clinton when Trump said he might contest the election results (her words, not mine)but when Stein actually does contest the results, the silence from the Clinton camp is defeaning? You know why.
                          Exactly, there's NO other reason for this recount except the remote possibility that it may aid Clinton NONE. Otherwise we'd see recounts in, as you put it, EVERY closely contested state .

New Hampshire should be recounted too--To get it Right!

But hell, there's NO proof the DNC or HRC have anything to do with this at all.

Nothing.

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            To your point...tweet by lead counsel for Clinton campaign, and recount observer.
                            Which proves what?

That the Clinton campaign is good with words?
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              No, the get it right statement stands for me...as far as I'm concerned, EVERY state should run an election audit as a mandatory course of action. What Jill Stein chooses to do with her money that she raised is her business. She contends that several "experts" have found some oddities in the vote count, and it happens to be in Wisconsin. Now am I foolish enough to buy it hook, line, and sinker? Hell no, but again, why not just take the results and look at them more closely? Why NOT take a look at empirical evidence? What are people afraid of? It's certainly NOT going to change the result of the election. Trump is the President come January 20th, come hell or high water. So why not make the system BETTER? For now and the future...

Yes, get it right...period. Make sure that ridiculous statements like million of people voted fraudulently are met with the derision that they deserve.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• One thing for sure though-- I am going to enjoy watching her lose. Again.

Well HRC conceded by next morning after election, so she is not losing again, she lost already. To be certain, all educated and reasonable people lost who understand we lost face in the world. We elected the ugly american stereotype, the boastful, bullying, coarse, crude head for the body. But if you want to celebrate some perceived pain you wish HRC to endure, I suppose that is fine. Maybe summon up some absurd claims on a message board and tie it to her somehow. Recall the recount effort was not started by HRC, but by Stein, and supported by millions of people who jumped in a few hours to throw money at the recount.

Comment

Working...
                                X