Recount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    I still am from the "Sticks and Stones" "words will never hurt me" world. Creating law to legislate peoples thought and speech is not a road that we should be going down.
    There's a difference between calling someone a dick and using a bigoted epithet.

I never advocated making speech illegal, just making consequences tangible.

Comment

Your not "Tonto" - "He who shall remain nameless" due to account deletion is Tonto.
      That was unfortunate, but I understand taking a break.

Maybe, hopefully, Chris will be back in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post

I hope he comes back too - however deleting your account and getting a nom de plume to lurk is really a sucky thing. Ive taken a week or more off at a time, but left my past there for review or criticism depending on who is looking at it. I liked him - I really did - even if we were on opposite sides of the fence more often than not.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

There's a difference between calling someone a dick and using a bigoted epithet.

I never advocated making speech illegal, just making consequences tangible.
          I agree there is a difference between the actions you indicate. I just think we need to leave it all on the table. IF someone uses something you dont like then you know to avoid him.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

What happened and when? Where the heck was I when this was going down?

I really hate loosing members.

Comment

About a week after the election his posts were gone and his membership deleted.

Comment

I hope he comes back too - however deleting your account and getting a nom de plume to lurk is really a sucky thing.
                I think that depends on one's reasons. I can think of many scenarios that would lead me to want to delete my online presence. And I only post nice stuff.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

ElD, like Lucky, decided going undercover was the best thing for their professional careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    ElD, like Lucky, decided going undercover was the best thing for their professional careers.
                    Fair enough...

I liked both of them.

Comment

Did he take a job in the Trumo administration?
                      Seriously, he ran away the after the election cause his team lost and he didn't want to pay up. It's pathetic.

Comment

Fair enough...

I liked both of them.
                        I gather you never met either of them.

there goes the "nice stuff" reference ...
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                          Did he take a job in the Trumo administration?
                          Seriously, he ran away the after the election cause his team lost and he didn't want to pay up. It's pathetic.
                          really? really???

Comment

Sure. Posted about how great the numbers looked for Hillary in Florida on Election Day and then poof, he was gone the next day. Because of his career or something. Lol.

Comment

He did say something like - give me your best shot after losing the avatar bet.

Comment

That's believable in the case of the guy who was using his actual real-life nickname as a user name. The other guy... not so much, unless he's using "El Diablo 505" in some professional capacity.

But it's kind of you to attempt to provide him a graceful exit.
                                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Working...
                                X