"Friendly people"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    For those who missed it this is the area where i walk. yeah dog crap is really going to be a concern....(good gravy)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ma...27988c92?hl=en

That's the property? Why heck even I have taken a dump there!

Why next thing you know they won't let us drop off our old tires and batteries!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      That's the property? Why heck even I have taken a dump there!

Why next thing you know they won't let us drop off our old tires and batteries!
      ?????????
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        I agree that these people are being assholes. However, Mith, the reason you're not getting any sympathy around here is that you complain a lot. In this case, your complaint is valid because whoever wrote the note is a jerk-off, but the counter-argument is valid as well.
        i know that

I posted this same story on another message board i have frequented for the past 15 years and every response felt the same as i did.

So yeah, it's because of my reputation on this site that i get the responses i do.
        Last edited by Mithrandir; 10-20-2014, 01:21 PM.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

You feel this way because you are easily offended.

Trespassing is exactly what you were doing. I probably would be guilty of it as well, given what you described.

Let's look at it from their side. Maybe they have been offended that for the last 12-13 years that you have taken it upon yourself to use their property as you see fit. Does the size of the property really matter? Or for that matter what is on or not on their property? Why do you get to be the judge and jury on how their property should be used? How would you feel if I walked my dog up your driveway around your house to the backyard and just walked around?

You state that they could have phrased it in a more friendly manner. It could be this is as "friendly" as they feel to your rudeness. As far as calling you or meeting you face to face, some people do not like confrontation. Maybe they do not know how you will react to their request. I would also add that they owed you no explanation (ownership change) but did give you the reason. It is implied that if ownership had not changed they would not have requested you to stop using their property.

What happens if someone gets hurt on their property? If you fell down and badly broke your leg, would you expect their insurance to pay for your doctor bills?
          I am easily offended true. That's because the world is full of assholes !

And it makes for interesting conversation on this site!

Comment

You feel this way because you are easily offended.

Trespassing is exactly what you were doing. I probably would be guilty of it as well, given what you described.

Let's look at it from their side. Maybe they have been offended that for the last 12-13 years that you have taken it upon yourself to use their property as you see fit. Does the size of the property really matter? Or for that matter what is on or not on their property? Why do you get to be the judge and jury on how their property should be used? How would you feel if I walked my dog up your driveway around your house to the backyard and just walked around?

You state that they could have phrased it in a more friendly manner. It could be this is as "friendly" as they feel to your rudeness. As far as calling you or meeting you face to face, some people do not like confrontation. Maybe they do not know how you will react to their request. I would also add that they owed you no explanation (ownership change) but did give you the reason. It is implied that if ownership had not changed they would not have requested you to stop using their property.

What happens if someone gets hurt on their property? If you fell down and badly broke your leg, would you expect their insurance to pay for your doctor bills?
            Of course I have looked at it from their point of view...and i would have handled it much friendlier.

And i am surprised it took this long for someone to mention the "accident" thing. of course i wouldn't expect them to cover any accident i might have had.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              would you be happier if they spent $50 to get it typed on their lawyer's letterhead?

Have you tried asking the new owners' permission? Do you know them?
              That would have looked better

I don't know the new owners. i didn't know the former owner. the family has owned the property for decades.

Comment

?????????
                You don't honestly expect me to believe that you don't understand my sense of humor on this one, do you?

Comment

You don't honestly expect me to believe that you don't understand my sense of humor on this one, do you?
                  Sorry, I didn't find it funny

Implying that a little dog crap can lead to tires and batteries didn't strike me as humorous...sorry.

Comment

i know that

I posted this same story on another message board i have frequented for the past 15 years and every response felt the same as i did.
                    Groupthink.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Ask their permission before trespassing. You're lucky you and/or your dogs don't get shot. I don't see how they're the ones being unfriendly. I certainly see how you are, though.
                      Just goes to show Mith is a uniter, not a divider. Even elD and I agree on this one.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Implying that a little dog crap can lead to tires and batteries didn't strike me as humorous...sorry.
                        Maybe you said this earlier in the thread, but do you (well did you) clean up after your dog?
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

i know that

So yeah, it's because of my reputation on this site that i get the responses i do.
                          The Disney board that PDeuce posts on

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            The Disney board that PDeuce posts on
                            Trespass Across America?

Comment

Ah, you didn't get it. I was implying that the property was so big that no one notice, so big that I even took dump there.

It was then that I swung it around to the notion that we could/should be allowed to throw our trash there. Again because it was so big, which has nothing to do with the trespassing at all.

Comment

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X