"Friendly people"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
    I was just telling a story about living in a townhouse community...but the point was if he wasn't cleaning up after his dog, then perhaps that is what irritated the new owners to the point they asked him to stop walking his dog on their land. There had to be some work involved in identifying Mith as having walked his dog on land, and I can imagine that finding dog shit on their land was what set off their investigation.

i grew up in the country also, and I'm only saying if someone doesn't want you on their property, you respect that. We had many neighbors that didn't mind if we cut through their land, went sledding on their hill, played football on their flat land (I lived near the top of a hill, but on the hill nonetheless...sports sort of sucked on a slant), and did whatever. And like you, I and all the other kids in the neighborhood didn't walk through the fields during the growing season.

But there were some properties you just didn't go on; whether they were jerks or unfriendly or whatever. We knew the line where to walk and where not to walk, where to play and not play. I find it a bit hard to believe you didn't have someone in your community that you just avoided their lands, or didn't even speak with unless it was necessary.

I still have that country attitude...but I do respect folks who don't want me or others on their lands. Mith has explained he does too, as he said he won't go on the property anymore. This conversation is being pushed to nausea from both sides. Mith is fishing for folks who agree with him, and outside of you and somewhat me (did I miss anyone?), it's just not coming.
    No way did they find dog shit and get upset. As i mentioned and showed through the link to Google maps, the area is freaking huge and some dog shit wouldn't matter..no matter what you guys think..If the owners ever decide to do something with the land they would have huge amounts of heavy machinery working there and a little dog crap would not matter.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

In fairness, Mith hasn't actually said he didn't clean up after his dog. It is an assumption I am making.
      No i didn't clean up after my dog..It's the woods!!! and an empty meadow ! Are you guys even familiar with the woods and humongous empty meadows? This is the part of this discussion that totally has blown my mind. Why would anyone pick up dog shit in the middle of the woods and a meadow? If you would do that i would simultaneously think you are a decent person but also a screwball.

Now when i walk my dog in the city park (which i will be doing a lot more) i clean up after him.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• BTW, for those of you who didn't read my first post, we approached our neighbor in a friendly but stern "you realize this is our property" way and was met with aggressive behavior on their end. So not sure why anyone would have a problem with leaving a note after reading that.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          BTW, for those of you who didn't read my first post, we approached our neighbor in a friendly but stern "you realize this is our property" way and was met with aggressive behavior on their end. So not sure why anyone would have a problem with leaving a note after reading that.
          Wait a minute, are you Mith's neighbor?
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            No i didn't clean up after my dog..It's the woods!!! and an empty meadow ! Are you guys even familiar with the woods and humongous empty meadows? This is the part of this discussion that totally has blown my mind. Why would anyone pick up dog shit in the middle of the woods and a meadow? If you would do that i would simultaneously think you are a decent person but also a screwball.

Now when i walk my dog in the city park (which i will be doing a lot more) i clean up after him.
            I am just of the belief that if you own a dog, you pick up after your dog. It's a courtesy thing. Yes, it's in the woods, but evidently you knew it was private property, and as such you should do your best to clean up after your dog.

It's why I own cats. Indoor cats. I only need to clean up their litter box.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Wait a minute, are you Mith's neighbor?
              I had no idea!!!!

Comment

I am just of the belief that if you own a dog, you pick up after your dog. It's a courtesy thing. Yes, it's in the woods, but evidently you knew it was private property, and as such you should do your best to clean up after your dog.

It's why I own cats. Indoor cats. I only need to clean up their litter box.
                Well then we disagree...anyone who cleans up shit in the woods is nuts.

Comment

I had no idea!!!!
                  Me neither! Where's my shotgun?

Comment

Well then we disagree...anyone who cleans up shit in the woods is nuts.
                    I agree. If you are going to trespass there is no reason to pick up the poop.
                    Last edited by Gregg; 10-21-2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Me neither! Where's my shotgun?
                      elD has it.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Since your property is not the only one in the vicinity of the meadow/woods in question, something tells me that the note you found was probably delivered to all of the neighbors. You did say that kids ride quads up there; they could be annoying the owners - not you and your dog. I think the note was blanket coverage since it did not say 'please stop walking your dog on the property'. Truly, if I owned the property, I wouldn't really care who's walking a dog as long as they don't vandalize. However, if I had a problem with it and knew who the dog walker was, I would definitely knock at their door to chat in person rather than leave a note.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          If you are going to trespass there is no reason to pick up the poop.
                          "No reason to pick up the poop" would be a good name for a fantasy football team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                            "No reason to pick up the poop" would be a good name for a fantasy football team.
                            Not on Yahoo. You are restricted to 30 characters.

No rzn 2 pick up da poop?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              "Pick up the Poop" was a #1 hit for the Average White Band in the mid-seventies.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                                Since your property is not the only one in the vicinity of the meadow/woods in question, something tells me that the note you found was probably delivered to all of the neighbors. You did say that kids ride quads up there; they could be annoying the owners - not you and your dog. I think the note was blanket coverage since it did not say 'please stop walking your dog on the property'. Truly, if I owned the property, I wouldn't really care who's walking a dog as long as they don't vandalize. However, if I had a problem with it and knew who the dog walker was, I would definitely knock at their door to chat in person rather than leave a note.
                                This makes some sense. But I thought Mith said it was handwritten. If it went to everyone I would think at the least it would be copies.

Comment

Working...
                                X