"Friendly people"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Yes. I guess I just don't get you guys. It is a giant empty meadow and wooded area that isn't used by anyone for anything. So yeah they are unfriendly. What am I hurting???
    So that makes you entitled to it? Just because it's unused? Say you had a 63 Corvette in mint condition sitting in your garage with low mileage that you only drove 2-3 times a year. Is it ok for your neighbor to take it for a drive without your permission just because you don't make enough use of it?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      So that makes you entitled to it? Just because it's unused? Say you had a 63 Corvette in mint condition sitting in your garage with low mileage that you only drove 2-3 times a year. Is it ok for your neighbor to take it for a drive without your permission just because you don't make enough use of it?
      When did I ever say I was entitled? No need to make shit up.

You still don't get it. Or are you just fucking with me ?

If I owned a piece of property and someone walked on it just for pleasure there is no way I tell them to stop. Like I said I guess I am just nicer than you guys.
      Last edited by Mithrandir; 10-19-2014, 05:14 PM.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

As usual you guys twist it around. My only point is that a friendly person would allow me to walk there. Obviously you guys aren't the neighborly kind.
        There's no twisting anything...you're wrong here, and just won't admit it. It's their property to do with as they please, end of story. And they were being very polite by informing you of their wishes personally instead of calling the cops...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I think I'm with Mith here, unless there's more to the story that I don't know.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Oh, come on Seitzer, it's Mith. You know there is.

Comment

Or if he had some books that he wasn't reading. Would it be okay for people to come in and just borrow whatever they wanted? Oh, wait....bad example.

Comment

If I owned a piece of property and someone walked on it just for pleasure there is no way I tell them to stop.
                You left out the part about your dogs taking a crap on their property.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

You left out the part about your dogs taking a crap on their property.

You're just mad that I kicked your butt again in our league
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

One other nice guy here!

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      There's no twisting anything...you're wrong here, and just won't admit it. It's their property to do with as they please, end of story. And they were being very polite by informing you of their wishes personally instead of calling the cops...
                      Are you paying attention? I already said they were well within their rights to tell me. My point is that a friendlier person wouldn't have done it. Would you act like they have or would you let someone walk in your 100 acre field?

Comment

They're not new. The family has been in the area for decades. See post #15.
                        But the note said there was a change in ownership....?

Comment

Are you paying attention? I already said they were well within their rights to tell me. My point is that a friendlier person wouldn't have done it. Would you act like they have or would you let someone walk in your 100 acre field?
                          Yes, because I hang on every word of your ridiculous complaints...

And yes, a friendly person would indeed do what these nice folks did...tell you politely to take your whining ass and your crapping dog elsewhere. As I said before, they are well within their rights, and chose to handle it nicely rather than put up a fence or serve you call the cops on you. You're the one who's being a crappy neighbor by not simply accepting their note and realizing that it's NOT anything more than what it is.

And it depends on what I had planned for the field, and weather the person walking his/her dog had the consideration to clean up after it.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

as always - it needs to be simplified
                            Mith has been walking his dogs on the property around him to take a crap/pee for years - not bothering anyone but still dumping waste on their property
                            the property changes hands to the next generation
                            the new owners put a note not to do it anymore in his mailbox - it might be rude or not
                            mith is annoyed and wonders why he can't have his dogs use their property anymore

right?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I dunno. We own a property in Pennsylvania that we just bought from my in-laws. We go out only on weekends and vacation weeks. My in laws lived here for about 5 years, but they have left the property vacant while they put in on the market in '07. We finally bought it from them last year. The people across the street seem friendly enough and introduced themselves a few months back, and they have a beagle who they take for walks.

Part of our front yard area is fenced in, but our property line -- like all the other houses on the street -- actually extends to the street line. And the side of the property line is separated by a rock wall from the back of the next property (a church).

We were working out in the front yard when we notice the neighbor's wife take their beagle for a walk -- right on our property, right in front of our faces. We're sitting there in disbelief that she is obliviously letting her dog take a crap on our property. My wife was furious, as they have a wooded area like we do that their dog can take as many craps as he wants on, so she confronted her, despite me telling her not to.

She says, "excuse me, this is our property." And the neighbor says, "no it's not, it's the public area." My wife says, "just because this area is fenced in but that is not does not make it a "public area." It's still part of our property," and the neighbor says "well, this is how its always been."

I mean, WTF -- this is how it's always been? So you're admitting you're taking your dog to crap on our property because you don't want it on yours?
                              Can you fence off your part of the land or demarcate it in some way so that there isn't any confusion? Better that than getting into an extended border dispute with a neighbour ... these kinds of dispute can spiral out of control, especially if one or other of the parties involved have a lot of time on their hands.

Comment

Hey Mith, have you thought about putting some of your dogs crap in a paper bag, and putting it through their letterbox? You know ... to show them that some dog walkers can't be fucked with? That might be a solution to your problem

Comment

Working...
                                X