"Friendly people"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Hey Mith, have you thought about putting some of your dogs crap in a paper bag, and putting it through their letterbox? You know ... to show them that some dog walkers can't be fucked with? That might be a solution to your problem
    In 11 days you can leave it on their doorstep and light in on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      But the note said there was a change in ownership....?
      I know i can't always give all the exact details right away and you guys give me grief for it

In an earlier post #15, I mentioned that the father owned it and now his kids own it. Father passed away within the last year or so and his kids now own the land.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
        as always - it needs to be simplified
        Mith has been walking his dogs on the property around him to take a crap/pee for years - not bothering anyone but still dumping waste on their property
        the property changes hands to the next generation
        the new owners put a note not to do it anymore in his mailbox - it might be rude or not
        mith is annoyed and wonders why he can't have his dogs use their property anymore

right?
        Sort of. The property in question is HUGE! it's a meadow and wooded area that no one uses for anything so there is no need to harp on the poop/pee issue as it really makes little difference (although you guys continue to make that a salient point). If you went looking for dog crap it would have broken down and disappeared before you ever found it.

I don't walk the dog(s) there to just do their business. I walk there because I love being out in the middle of nature. It's quiet and peaceful and beautiful. I can and do walk my dogs in other places where I always clean up their business.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Yes, because I hang on every word of your ridiculous complaints...

And yes, a friendly person would indeed do what these nice folks did...tell you politely to take your whining ass and your crapping dog elsewhere. As I said before, they are well within their rights, and chose to handle it nicely rather than put up a fence or serve you call the cops on you. You're the one who's being a crappy neighbor by not simply accepting their note and realizing that it's NOT anything more than what it is.

And it depends on what I had planned for the field, and weather the person walking his/her dog had the consideration to clean up after it.
          Did you even look at the property when i posted it? If you did you would see the crapping issue is moot. It's a multi-hundred acre meadow and wooded area. You couldn't find dog shit if you looked for months...so quit harping about that issue.

Comment

For those who missed it this is the area where i walk. yeah dog crap is really going to be a concern....(good gravy)

Comment

I was assuming this was a relatively rural/small-town situation. Growing up in that sort of environment, nobody cared if you walked on someone else's property.

If you were gonna throw a big party on their land or something, then sure, that would be an intrusion. But walking around and enjoying nature is what it's there for. In a larger city or more urban setting where nobody knows each other and people are more protective of their property boundaries, it's a different story.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                I was assuming this was a relatively rural/small-town situation. Growing up in that sort of environment, nobody cared if you walked on someone else's property.

If you were gonna throw a big party on their land or something, then sure, that would be an intrusion. But walking around and enjoying nature is what it's there for. In a larger city or more urban setting where nobody knows each other and people are more protective of their property boundaries, it's a different story.
                EXACTLY!!!! These guys here sound like grumpy old men "You stay off my gosh darn property because....well....uhhh....just BECAUSE !! I own it and it's mine!"

Comment

If you could show that you had been using their land for multiple years in an "obvious and notorious" fashion (Lawyers help me here), you could make a claim for continued use of the land, even if the kids sell it. That's what they are trying to stop
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    If you could show that you had been using their land for multiple years in an "obvious and notorious" fashion (Lawyers help me here), you could make a claim for continued use of the land, even if the kids sell it. That's what they are trying to stop
                    That's sounds bizarre. If it is a real reason for them to stop me from walking there then ok. Like i said earlier i understand if it's some type of legal issue..but the handwritten note seems odd if it is a legal issue.

Comment

I agree that these people are being assholes. However, Mith, the reason you're not getting any sympathy around here is that you complain a lot. In this case, your complaint is valid because whoever wrote the note is a jerk-off, but the counter-argument is valid as well.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Did you even look at the property when i posted it? If you did you would see the crapping issue is moot. It's a multi-hundred acre meadow and wooded area. You couldn't find dog shit if you looked for months...so quit harping about that issue.

It doesn't matter if it's the size of Yosemite...it's not yours do do with what you wish. End of story, Mith wrong (again), rightful property owner correct and friendly in his/her attempt to get knotheaded neighbor to stop.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Since the site is so dead I will provide an update of some goofy ass stuff...that you all love to read

I have been walking my dogs in a meadow/wooded area that abuts my property for the last 12-13 years. All i do is walk the dog, nothing more. Two days ago i got a handwritten note in my mailbox that said the following:

"Please stop trespassing on the (name of family)'s property. There are some changes in ownership of the property taking place"

Now i can understand that they don't want me on their property for some reason(s) unknown to me, but to call it trespassing seems a bit harsh..actually it's seems like an asshole move to me. They couldn't have phrased it in a more friendly manner? or even called me or stopped by my house to tell me this?
                          You feel this way because you are easily offended.

Trespassing is exactly what you were doing. I probably would be guilty of it as well, given what you described.

Let's look at it from their side. Maybe they have been offended that for the last 12-13 years that you have taken it upon yourself to use their property as you see fit. Does the size of the property really matter? Or for that matter what is on or not on their property? Why do you get to be the judge and jury on how their property should be used? How would you feel if I walked my dog up your driveway around your house to the backyard and just walked around?

You state that they could have phrased it in a more friendly manner. It could be this is as "friendly" as they feel to your rudeness. As far as calling you or meeting you face to face, some people do not like confrontation. Maybe they do not know how you will react to their request. I would also add that they owed you no explanation (ownership change) but did give you the reason. It is implied that if ownership had not changed they would not have requested you to stop using their property.

What happens if someone gets hurt on their property? If you fell down and badly broke your leg, would you expect their insurance to pay for your doctor bills?

Comment

That's sounds bizarre. If it is a real reason for them to stop me from walking there then ok. Like i said earlier i understand if it's some type of legal issue..but the handwritten note seems odd if it is a legal issue.
                            So it is not really the note that offended you, but the fact that they want you to stop your routine. You want them to have a better reason for the writing of the note.

Comment

would you be happier if they spent $50 to get it typed on their lawyer's letterhead?

Have you tried asking the new owners' permission? Do you know them?
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

For those who missed it this is the area where i walk. yeah dog crap is really going to be a concern....(good gravy)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ma...27988c92?hl=en
                                Take your dog for a swim in their pool ...

Comment

Working...
                                X