No announcement yet.

*** VD 8 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am working on a pick right now, Devil Man. I hope to have one up in 30 minutes or less...like Domino's Pizza. So please keep the bag of dicks small for me.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      The middle names thing is cracking me up. Glad to have started something besides a flame war for once here on RJ.
      Really ? Just Rollie Fingers ? Just Juan Marichal ? I was going to draft Marichal in round one but I couldn't think of a nickname. This is an outrage !
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Edited.
        Nice !
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Was planning on picking Marichal ... didn't expect Simmons to make it to me.

Comment

• Do I take a guy with a better middle name possibility if it's close?

My vd draft record shows it won't prolly matter...
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Oh interwebs, why hast thou forsaken me?!?

My office internet tubes must be clogged and no time wasting entertainment is getting through. This must be what its like to be seadog. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Sent from my phone with its little migraine inducing screen
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Our long national nightmare is over...

Phew... that had to be the worst hour of my life.

Now I get to find out how Stephen Webb hurled racist invectives at the guy who runs my OOTP league and got himself thrown out.

Comment

• Broken again... Fate is such a fickle bitch

Comment

• I like the Brock selection. I was debating between him and Collins. Had I taken Brock, I would have hoped a top tier second baseman would make it back to me. Apparently, that plan would have been pure folly.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Guys sorry, I'm going to have to pick in the am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                        I like the Brock selection. I was debating between him and Collins. Had I taken Brock, I would have hoped a top tier second baseman would make it back to me. Apparently, that plan would have been pure folly.
                        i would have taken collins if he was there.

Comment

Solid pick with Berra, imo. I considered picking him with Marichal on the turn.
                          Agree ... I briefly looked in his direction because I wanted solid career numbers from a lesser position. I haven't spent more than 2 minutes on any pick so far ... Cobb and Simmons were automatic. Gehringer has better career numbers than Frisch (where I wanted them) ... plus I've never drafted Gehringer before.

Sisler was the lead option if I wasn't going to pick a C/MI player.

Comment

• Spreadsheet. If Long John can use his version independently (and fill it in independently), then we will have some clarification of the scoring. We haven't had that for a few drafts now.

VD 8 SCORING SHEET

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              Spreadsheet. If Long John can use his version independently (and fill it in independently), then we will have some clarification of the scoring. We haven't had that for a few drafts now.

VD 8 SCORING SHEET
                              No problem. I'm up to speed. Right now Feral Slasher is running away with it, so all must be right with the world.
                              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Agree ... I briefly looked in his direction because I wanted solid career numbers from a lesser position. I haven't spent more than 2 minutes on any pick so far ... Cobb and Simmons were automatic. Gehringer has better career numbers than Frisch (where I wanted them) ... plus I've never drafted Gehringer before.

Sisler was the lead option if I wasn't going to pick a C/MI player.
                                Glad to hear that my "rankings" aren't way off. I almost picked Sisler myself, but in the end I did not want another OF/1B guy already. This is certainly going to be an interesting draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X