No announcement yet.

*** VD 8 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I get it now...it's a play on Highlander...
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Using the wife's phone. I won't be back online until tomorrow am. Stupid in laws don't have cable or Internet. If I see one more cold case rerun on ion I may have to commit max carrey.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
        Oh, I get it now...it's a play on Highlander...
        He'll always be ...

+

... to me

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          He'll always be ...

+

... to me
          Except that looks like Straw to me ???

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
            Except that looks like Straw to me ???
            Or a hay bale

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Or a hay bale
              No - it is a straw Bale - Hay would be Greener but I get your drift - The Amish wouldn't tho...

Comment

No - it is a straw Bale - Hay would be Greener but I get your drift - The Amish wouldn't tho...
                Oooohhh...look who's been on a farm before...oooooohhh.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Oooohhh...look who's been on a farm before...oooooohhh.
                  I pulled a few Teats in my days:clap

I grew up in the heartland of Amish country - My Mom's maiden name was Coblentz - which her Grandma was Mennonite not Amish

Comment

• If hacko is ready, skip me. On vacation this past week...waiting for the voice to tell who hacko wants but voice on vacation too I guess...
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I pulled a few Teats in my days:clap

I grew up in the heartland of Amish country - My Mom's maiden name was Coblentz - which her Grandma was Mennonite not Amish
                      I assume the Ohio Amish country? Guess we have something in common then.

Comment

I assume the Ohio Amish country? Guess we have something in common then.
                        Yep - Back in my teaching days I taught at 1 school where the Amish would go to school up until 8th Grade - Always an interesting drive to school dodging the buggies.

I wait om SD a little Bit - will be home the rest of the night - just got home fropm softball

Comment

• Garp, would you have taken Cooper if I didn't select him? I was toying with the idea of not selecting a catcher there, but he was the only one left with 100+ RBIs on a BY and his CY numbers aren't awful.
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                            If hacko is ready, skip me. On vacation this past week...waiting for the voice to tell who hacko wants but voice on vacation too I guess...
                            Skipping in the 8th round isn't ideal. Hopefully you can get your pick up (and a BY for Kaat) in the not-too-distant future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                              Garp, would you have taken Cooper if I didn't select him? I was toying with the idea of not selecting a catcher there, but he was the only one left with 100+ RBIs on a BY and his CY numbers aren't awful.
                              I would have taken Lombardi over Cooper just because he felt like a better fit for my team. Then I would've crossed my fingers that Cooper came back to me the next round.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                                Skipping in the 8th round isn't ideal. Hopefully you can get your pick up (and a BY for Kaat) in the not-too-distant future.
                                Laptop (with ss) left at work. The Kaat repick, like the original Fisk pick, were off the cuff with no laptop. I'll be into work around 6am and will try to get both up forthwith
                                I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
                                X