*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    No-one is obviously Bogarting this time ... of course, the contest has yet to take shape. Plenty of time for Slasher to get in gear
    I don't see how you guys can not Bogart it every draft, I'm not liking the conservative sensible approach at all.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• all ya'll's picks suck.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
        That was agonizing. I guess I'm not Bogarting the draft with that pick. But he just stood out in my rankings...let's see if I regret that pick as much as ElD did last draft....which was screaming in my head the entire time.
        You think you've got worries, I have 3 picks from hacko's vd5, and he took Kelly in the 6th. Hopefully I don't finish the way he did (I have Larry Jackson and one other player as easily the two worst from last draft)
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          You think you've got worries, I have 3 picks from hacko's vd5, and he took Kelly in the 6th. Hopefully I don't finish the way he did (I have Larry Jackson and one other player as easily the two worst from last draft)
          Your first two picks are what I probably would have taken if I was in your spot, I was really wishing I was picking 6th instead of 7th.
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Please say Gerald Young please say Gerald Young...
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I don't see how you guys can not Bogart it every draft, I'm not liking the conservative sensible approach at all.
              I really should have...I've never had the thrill of grabbing such a huge lead...but letting Ott fall to me made it too hard...and now I'm in a downward spiral.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

yup, those two by a mile

Of course, with the usual qualifier - that scoring lacks context.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

There were so many crappy players picked, it's hard to name just one

There should be more this time around.

Comment

yup, those two by a mile

Of course, with the usual qualifier - that scoring lacks context.
                    I know Gerald Young was not a quality pick, but when you aren't going to win, why not pick someone you like! I did the same way back when I selected Kevin Seitzer with my S.

But Young was a horrible pick!

Comment

• Pointless stats time

Players selected from VD5 Rosters:

6 Johnny
                      5 Controller J
                      5 TS Garp
                      4 Revo
                      4 Pogues
                      4 ElDiablo
                      4 Hacko
                      4 Feral
                      3 Frae
                      2 Heyelander

Comment

• N closer run

Comment

• screw... I was trying to decide between Torre and Piazza with my last pick. Then I decided that since I wasn't sure which to take, I would take my N closer and follow it up with whichever one was left (or I had settled on Torre if both were still available) once it came back around to me.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Already after only 4 rounds, only 4 people can still take an R and an 1880's hitter ... I had to manually check that to confirm it. This format heats up fast!

Not counting WC's of course ... WC's kill the purity of the pain of this format IMO.

Comment

• Collins was the third name on my last imaginary shortlist: Speaker, Duffy & Collins. Had Collins typed in then changed my mind ... didn't want to fill all my MI slots too soon.

Comment

• I will be out of my main work office for a week or so, I'm not sure if I'll have access to the web during the workday. I think I will, if not and I'm dragging things to a screeching halt, then feel free to skip me.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X