*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I kind of didn't want to have the option, and quietly hoped that Feral would revert to his Bogarting ways and let me pick a pitcher ... but I had Mays maybe 15% better than the next available player. It's hard to turn your back on that kind of value. But I'm not delirious about it because he isn't the best fit for my team right now ... it's not like I'm lacking in hitting numbers with Lajoie, Yount, Anson and Speaker! It's a bit like overkill.
    I'm reformed. No more early W, B, and M's for me.
    Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 03-21-2013, 09:53 PM. Reason: Censored to remove name of undrafted player
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• VD6 Scoring Sheet Update

VD6 Scoring Sheet V2

Changes:

1. KO's Added to Rounds Sheet (ko1p = KO1 and the player is a pitcher; ko2h = KO2 and th player is a hitter)
      2. KO's added to each teams page, and also to each teams Snapshot image
      3. Snapshot page fixed to add a 14th hitter and 11th pitcher.
      4. Also some formatting changes

Comment

• Quick consensus needed:

The rules state that KO's will start in Round 6 and end in Round 13. That give TS Garp both first and last KO. Probably irrelevant, but in the interests of fairness, I think we should end KO's on an even round ... so please express a preference for Round 12 or Round 14.

I'll go for Round 12 (change of mind)

(I increased it to Round 13 when we added the WC's and were considering 5 KO's)
        Last edited by johnnya24; 03-22-2013, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Round 14 seems the safer bet, so the no one who misses the update loses a KO.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            Round 14 seems the safer bet, so the no one who misses the update loses a KO.
            That makes sense ... since I don't care one way or the other, I'll flip flop again and hopefully we get a run on Round 14's

2 for extending KOs to Round 14.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Piazza has already been picked and is ineligible for KO.
              Missed that.

I've been digging clueless drivers out of the snow all morning. This is our 4th heavy snow of the winter so far. When I was a kid it was once every 2/3 years. 1 foot overnight, and 2 more days of heavy snow forecast.

Thought I'd done my knee in again. Slipped, and feel back over myself and all my weight went back on my left knee. The ligament screeched, I screamed, but thankfully I went straight back and not at an angle. It'll probably swell up for a while, but hopefully nothing more.

Comment

• I already mapped out my entire draft and think this rule change at such a late date is completely unfair.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  I already mapped out my entire draft and think this rule change at such a late date is completely unfair.

Do you win?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Do you win?
                    9th.

but I beat Frae.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• This fucking idiots revving their engines like nobodies business ...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Hey, no problem.

Knuckleballs --- just KO Ed Delahanty instead. Problem solved.
                        Objection your honour.

Sustained.

Comment

• The Clemens KO was interesting ... TSGarp has just weakened two categories he has yet to pick ... C and 1980's pitchers.
                          Last edited by johnnya24; 03-22-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• I don't object to changing the rounds for KO's if everyone agrees. But I don't see a real need to make the change.
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              I already mapped out my entire draft and think this rule change at such a late date is completely unfair.
                              rjel represents!
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Johnny, great job with the spreadsheet (henceforth known as the "Johnny Sheet.") Can someone come up with an add-on to the ISNA Match formula on the hit_car, hit_seas, pit_car & pit_seas to include the boxes for the KOs?

Comment

Working...
                                X