No announcement yet.

*** VD 11 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was all set to pick Galvin on the way back ... silly me.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      And once again I'm intrigued by Feral Slasher's strategy. Old Hoss and two catchers to start the draft.

Maybe it is a lack of strategy. Didn't realize 1870 was such a wasteland. This draft may be much more interesting than I thought it would be
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And once again I'm intrigued by Feral Slasher's strategy. Old Hoss and two catchers to start the draft.
        Well 1 catcher will get tired having to keep for all those innings ... imagine how sore their wrists will be digging all those 75mph "fastballs" out of the dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Well 1 catcher will get tired having to keep for all those innings ... imagine how sore their wrists will be digging all those 75mph "fastballs" out of the dirt.
          Well their knees did hold up better.

I think I've finally hit my stride in vintage drafting. I've managed to annoy Johnny with a selection of mine.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• History Thread updated and the spreadsheet copy/paste section added.

Comment

• I bet Heyelander will think that Eddie Plank pick was great. Especially since he took him in Round 3.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

This is a weird draft. Interestingly, Hacko picked two players I thought a lot about picking and picked a different year than I'd have picked for both of them.
                Don't let that stop u from picking them. Just updated my pick
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Cal McVey with 186 games at 1B and 182 at Catcher... that's a bummer.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    Cal McVey with 186 games at 1B and 182 at Catcher... that's a bummer.
                    Is there some kind of limit or something?
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• The minimum to qualify for a position is 200. I assume (but didn't check) that if a player doesn't qualify for any position they can't be drafted.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Rules say if no position is over 200 the qualify at whatever their highest is, so 1B eligible only.

Comment

Can be drafted only at the UT spot.
                          We have a winner!

"Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Here's Rule B-sub i from the VD 10 rules...

b. Hitter Positional requirements

i. For a hitter to be eligible for a position, he must have played 200 games at that position. If a hitter has not played 200 games at any position, then the position that player has played the most games at will be considered their eligible position. If you choose to take a player who has the most games played at pitcher or designated hitter (and does not have any other position where they met the 200 game minimum) then that player only qualifies for the UT slot.

Comment

• PMing me seven minutes after I pick... not helpful

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                                PMing me seven minutes after I pick... not helpful
                                You're up in the MOCK. Everyone's been waiting all day for you to PICK.

Comment

Working...
                                X