No announcement yet.

*** VD 11 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim O'Rourke 1870's ... can't be a bad pick right? I dunno ... everyone as to pick 4 1870's, though you can pick pitchers. I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Jim O'Rourke 1870's ... can't be a bad pick right? I dunno ... everyone as to pick 4 1870's, though you can pick pitchers. I dunno.
      I had O'Rourke typed in, but felt Da Babe's career RBIs were too great a differential to pass up and switched.

I don't think 1870s hitters are going to be as valuable as some others may think, but what do I know.

Comment

For what little it's worth (and it's very little, I haven't even considered a spreadsheet yet), I thought the problem was going to be SS/3B, not a particular decade. I was considering Anson but decided to equivocate and take Wagner because he qualifies for both.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

My pick will be up Irishly.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            For what little it's worth (and it's very little, I haven't even considered a spreadsheet yet), I thought the problem was going to be SS/3B, not a particular decade. I was considering Anson but decided to equivocate and take Wagner because he qualifies for both.
            Probably a good plan, I haven't looked at decade or positional scarcity...could be interesting
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Updates on the spreadsheet?
              Tomorrow morning your time (assuming I get the formulas on the rounds sheet correct).

Comment

So I think the Spreadsheet is done:

DROPBOX LINK

Remember, please download the file locally to your PC ... do not try and edit from dropbox.

(1) The error alert will appear if anyone picks more than 6 players from a single decade. Apart from that everything else is standard.

(2) The "hit_comb" and "pit_comb" had been filtered to only show eligible players. To turn off this filter, click the arrow at the top of the "Yr" column, and click "Clear Filter from Yr"

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  It isn't counting saves and HRs, is it?

Uh, asking for a friend.
                  You know ... it might very well be. Should probably fix that.

EDIT: that's it fixed.
                  Last edited by johnnya24; 01-21-2016, 12:41 AM.

Comment

NOTE:

Anyone who download the SS before midnight EST, please download it again.

Comment

• I've been waiting on the pick in front of me. Heading to bed and won't be able to pick until 10:30 or so west coast time.

Comment

• Ok I tend to be very bad at reading the spread sheet, but it seems to me it is giving out more points to people who have a higher ERA and higher WHIP. Look at Walter Johnson for EL D for example.

Comment

• So I thought about speaker and collins and duffy and cross... so that makes me think I'm on the right track... then I realize that just because the guys I didn't pick seem to be good choices, doesn't mean the ones I did pick were.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                            Ok I tend to be very bad at reading the spread sheet, but it seems to me it is giving out more points to people who have a higher ERA and higher WHIP. Look at Walter Johnson for EL D for example.
                            I make this mistake almost every time I build the SS ... need to reverse the formula for pitching. I'll update it now.

... and I was actually wondering why Ed Walsh wasn't giving me more points.

Fixed

Comment

• Ed Delahanty and Time Keefe to the guy who got first pick ... and there was me wondering if the end picks might be stronger.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                It was Delahanty or King Kelly for me. Always liked drafting Big Ed even in regular drafts.
                                KK going in the 3rd makes me seriously question my O'Rouke pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X