*** VD 11 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I PM'd Chancellor and ControllerJ ... but no no reply.

Thought maybe CJ would be able to play with the delayed start.

I'll go through the list and see if there's anyone we forgot. I asked Swampdragon, but he says it's not his pace.
    Sorry, thought I replied - definitely out for this one.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      Sorry, thought I replied - definitely out for this one.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        We could have a community team. We would take turns picking for the additional team. It would be kind of like KO's, but a little different. Anyway, where are we on this ? Still 8 X 8 vintage era ? Start sometime next week ?
        Let's start on Monday ... looks like we are 11. That will give everyone a few days to prep. I'll grab all the eligible players and post them in a separate SS before the main Spreadsheet is ready.

Comment

Let's start on Monday ... looks like we are 11. That will give everyone a few days to prep. I'll grab all the eligible players and post them in a separate SS before the main Spreadsheet is ready.
          I sent random numbers so if someone sends names you can post the draft order...
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Yeah an eligible 1919 year is good. 1920 is not good.

So Babe Ruth is draftable, because he has 2 eligible years in the 1910's.
            So just to be clear, we can draft any hitter or pitcher as long as the year we draft is prior to 1920 ? Do we have any other restrictions like decades, names,
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So just to be clear, we can draft any hitter or pitcher as long as the year we draft is prior to 1920 ? Do we have any other restrictions like decades, names,
              Let's go with:

(1) a minimum of 4 hitters OR pitchers from every decade from 1870 to 1920, hitters or pitchers.

(2) a maximum of 6 players from any given decade

So the 1870's will be the QUIZY ENVY period ... but it won't be quite as harsh as having to pick 5 1870's players.

Comment

Let's go with:

(1) a minimum of 4 hitters OR pitchers from every decade from 1870 to 1920, hitters or pitchers.

(2) a maximum of 6 players from any given decade

So the 1870's will be the QUIZY ENVY period ... but it won't be quite as harsh as having to pick 5 1870's players.
                this might be interesting, but I think the early picks will have a huge advantage in this one...
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

One of the high-lights of meeting up with TranaGreg last night was his girlfriends amazement that anyone could find Eld off-putting.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    One of the high-lights of meeting up with TranaGreg last night was his girlfriends amazement that anyone could find Eld off-putting.
                    What are you even talking about, who finds ElD offputting ?
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I just explained that he could sometimes be passionate about his opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        I've met TranaGreg and his girlfriend, although I'm not sure if he still has the same girlfriend, as it was a few years ago. They were both very nice people, considerably moreso than me.
                        She seemed to think you were one of the sweetest guys she had ever met.

Comment

she called you a snugglebunny. it was getting kind of weird honestly.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

We are all brothers in here

Comment

2:21 am pacific, and it's just johnny, me and 60 spiders on the website.

Comment

this might be interesting, but I think the early picks will have a huge advantage in this one...
                                Possibly. I think it's more likely that the 1870s players all go way too early.

When we did the other two era-based drafts, did we set decade limits?
                                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Working...
                                X