*** VD 11 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh that. Oops.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Corcoran was listed as 5'3", 127! Makes Pedro look like a giant.

Comment

• I am here, but drained from a night of coaching and losing...again. I might pick, but if I don't I'll have a pick up by 830 AM est. Thanks.

Comment

• Do you have a bunch of cells highlighted? You'll just get a filter over the cells highlighted if you do.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Any idea why, when I click the "Filter" button, the drop down button isn't appearing at the top of the columns? I can't make the filter function work all of a sudden.
            Perhaps you're clicking on the wrong filter.

513KvUI-DPL.jpg
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Already taken by Heye. This draft he apparently decided to draft 2 rounds before someone else not two rounds after
              overdrafting rather than looking for bargains... just swell.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                overdrafting rather than looking for bargains... just swell.
                I think it's hard to call it overdrafting at this stage. Be more positive. They weren't as eagle-eyed (cherry) as you.

(For the love of all that's good and holy, how the f- do you embed video?!?!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                  I think it's hard to call it overdrafting at this stage. Be more positive. They weren't as eagle-eyed (cherry) as you.

(For the love of all that's good and holy, how the f- do you embed video?!?!)

https://youtu.be/zHxnm1-gVS4
                  You can't embed in sub forums unfortunately.

#blamerevo

Comment

• History Thread is updated.

Comment

Any idea why, when I click the "Filter" button, the drop down button isn't appearing at the top of the columns? I can't make the filter function work all of a sudden.
                      It probably canceled if you added a column or something.

Assuming you're using Excel:

1. Highlight the cells/columns in the 1st row that you want to add the filter to.

2. The cells / columns have to be adjacent (you cannot skip a column then add more filters)

3. Click the "Data" tab

4. Click the "Filter" icon (you may have to unfilter first ... so you may need to click it twice)

Comment

I know how the filter functionality is supposed to work - lol, c'mon now. It's that it's not working at all. There is no dropdown arrow on any column, regardless of whether the filter button is clicked or not. I cannot make a filter for any column on my Career Hitting page at all - not one column, not many columns, not a few, not many, not at all. Unfortunately I unknowingly saved my sheet like this. Judging by Google results, the most common reason that this can happen is when you attempt to use filtering on columns that contain blank data, particularly involving multiple cells with blank data --- this does not appear to be the case for me at all and seems odd since it's never happened in any of the previous 11 million vintage drafts we've done. I did notice that the headers --- Taken, KO, PlayerID, etc. --- were also removed/cut or something at some point, too. That often happens to my spreadsheets and I don't usually notice or care since I have all the header info kind of memorized anyway. The biggest difference with this sheet is the enormous amount of players who have an entry on the career page but no entry on the hit_seas page. So when I run my rankings I have to hide those players or else I have to scroll down past a thousand entries of N/A on my calculations column. I'm imagining that this anomaly and my manner of dealing with it is what caused the issue but I have no idea how to fix it. Probably just easier to download a fresh sheet and re-do my calculations.
                        Could be something to do with the new data we imported for the last draft. You could try a work around and replace the N/A with a number ... but probably best to redo the calculations in a way that is easily copy-pasted across to a new sheet. I built up my initial calculations of several years ... it worked, but it was a mess. Best thing I did was optimize the calculations so I can simply copy paste them across to a new sheet without any real effort.

The "hit_comb" and "pit_comb" sheets I added last draft were what I've been using to make calculations ... so much easier with everything in one place.

Comment

I also copy/paste my calculations. It's not a big burden, I'm more just curious why the filter functionality failed. I make new columns instead of using new sheets so I can view everything on the same page. It's worked for years.

Out of curiosity, why are there so many hundreds of new entrants on the career page that have no best years?
                          I deleted literally thousands of players, and 10's of thousands of BY lines ... but I had to be careful not to filter out players / years that may still be eligible. So for instance I think all eligible 1870's players are still in the sheet.

I can try and find the criteria I used from the last Com thread I suppose.

Comment

• Here's an odd question but one I've been wondering about: does vintage drafting go on anywhere else and/or was it "invented" on this site?

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                              Here's an odd question but one I've been wondering about: does vintage drafting go on anywhere else and/or was it "invented" on this site?
                              B-fly brought the vague idea from somewhere, and we've built on it over the years. It might not have even originally been baseball.

Comment

• I know I'm up, but I'm not in front of a computer for a few hours. Pick up Irishly.

Comment

Working...
                                X