No announcement yet.

*** VD 11 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heye, now that you know that I posted in that thread, did you ever try any SQL for this?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      What it's been, 16 hours since the last pick? Do we skip at some point? Johnny, you're running this things - I'll leave it up to you.
      It's the first time anyone has gone over, so I guess we wait. With this crew it a rarity.

But it would be nice if we were a bit more active at prepping and forwarding picks. Saying that, it isn't always easy to do that early in the draft, so hopefully as the draft goes on, things will speed up.

Comment

At this point, I'm hoping that LJ is ok - it's been quite some time. Anyone have his contact info?
        Frankly, it would be much easier to just text someone when they're up. I text Pogues through FB when he's up, and it's very effective.

Comment

• Does beer go bad? I've got beer in the fridge from the summer, jen insists that it needs to be thrown away and we need to buy new beer for the party we are having next month. Thoughts?
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            Does beer go bad? I've got beer in the fridge from the summer, jen insists that it needs to be thrown away and we need to buy new beer for the party we are having next month. Thoughts?
            Beer never stays around my house long enough to go bad ! Below is a link you might want to read. I would probably just sample a bottle and see what you think.

How long does beer last? Shelf life and storage information, including best by date and expiration. Canned beer, bottled beer and beer on tap expire at
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

At this point, I'm hoping that LJ is ok - it's been quite some time. Anyone have his contact info?
              More likely he saw that his short list got decimated by mine and Revo's amazing picks. Knowing that he'd need to spend some quality time redoing his plans, he decided to go AWOL rather than make an excuse.

I can categorically say, without any doubts or word of lie, hand on heart (you're heart is near your right shoulder, right?), swear on the bible (if I had one at hand of course) ... in 38 vintage drafts ... I have never done anything like that ... No siree, Bob! Honest.

Comment

• Apologies boys. Life blew up yesterday. I'm on it all Irish like.
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Beer never stays around my house long enough to go bad ! Below is a link you might want to read. I would probably just sample a bottle and see what you think.

http://www.eatbydate.com/drinks/alco...st-shelf-life/
                  The information can be generally true, but is also grossly inaccurate. Frankly, it depends on what kind of beer it is. Most of your popular mass produced lagers have a 4 month shelf life and most if not all have some kind of code date on it. Many IPAs (India Pale Ales) have a 90 day shelf life because hop profiles will start to destabilise after that point and the brewer's intent will no longer be available to the consumer. The flip side is that I have beer in my cellar that ranges in ages from 2 to 11 years old. Some of that will drink very well when opened, likely better than when the beer was fresh.

I'm on my phone, but I can go into more detail about this subject later if you like. Bottom line, what kind of beer you have and who made it determines how long it's good for.
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Sorry, was binge watching Jessica Jones until 5am and just woke up. Pick up in a few.

I think it's mostly Blue Moon and Corona Light.

Comment

• poo, got fred clark mixed up with sam crawford and roger connor in my head and thought he had already been drafted.

Comment

• He might have been. I made that pick from work because I think he hadn't been taken.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          He might have been. I made that pick from work because I think he hadn't been taken.
                          nope, you're good

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                            He might have been. I made that pick from work because I think he hadn't been taken.
                            do we have a year yet???

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                              do we have a year yet???
                              Year is up. In fairness I had just gotten to work when I made that pick with my phone. I had no sheets, and I was managing a pizza place tonight...so you had to wait a bit.

Hey, I could have held up the whole thing for 6 hours.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                poo, got fred clark mixed up with sam crawford and roger connor in my head and thought he had already been drafted.
                                I picked Sam Crawford by mobile, and began typing in Fred Clarke. Just caught myself on time.

Comment

Working...
                                X