• My favourite drafters:

Heyelander
    Long John
    ElDiablo
    Frae

Guess why?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      If suggest holding off picking pitchers until Feral has updated his Wilbur Cooper pick.

J
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Coo.....

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I have both Johnny's next pick and Long John's next pick. I also expect Johnny to explain his favo(u)rite drafters comment asap.
          1.01 You Guys, - R, - B35T

Comment

wut

You guys are the only one's I don't have to micro edit when I copy paste the picks into the history thread. Everyone else goes for the "creative formatting" option ... a friendly dash here, a happy little comma there.

Comment

Ohhhhhhh......I thought you were maybe referring to some Poguesian concept of "I like you because you didn't pick my guys" kind of thing or something.
              No No ... obviously much less selfish reasoning that a "Poguesian concept".

Comment

Sensodyne is my favorite toothpaste. I am a fucking sensitive person n shit.
                I too use sensodyne.... good for my gums, but unfortunately it doesn't make me any better looking though.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

You guys are the only one's I don't have to micro edit when I copy paste the picks into the history thread. Everyone else goes for the "creative formatting" option ... a friendly dash here, a happy little comma there.
                  and here I just thought I was being lazy.

Comment

I use the same formatting I used from back in the day. Not my fault you don't follow what I do.

At least I've made my mark on Vintage Drafting. Poguesian Concept...lol
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

What a bunch of spineless conformists.....
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And I thought you were going to pick. I assume you've been brushing your teeth for the last four and a half hours. Hate to break it to you, but you're probably fucking up your enamel.
                        oh... I saw For Johnny and thought they were both for him. RIF.

Then the wind blew here and it sprinkled for a bit so all the power went out in my neighborhood.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          oh... I saw For Johnny and thought they were both for him. RIF.

Then the wind blew here and it sprinkled for a bit so all the power went out in my neighborhood.
                          We waited that long for that big turd of a pick?
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                            You were saying, Johnny? There goes my 1880s...and I formatted in your style!
                            How dirty do you feel right now?

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            20.06 Andy Leonard OF 1875
                            HA! So much for non-conformist ... I'll bet you posted this from your Macbook
                            Last edited by johnnya24; 02-18-2016, 08:08 AM.

Comment

How dirty do you feel right now?

HA! So much for non-conformist ... I'll bet you posted this from your Macbook
                              Stop the draft, I think Heye hacked my account again !
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                                We waited that long for that big turd of a pick?

Although he was a catcher in 527 of his 922 major league games, Mike Grady is best known as a third baseman who made a record number of errors on one ground ball, a play that never happened. At 5’ 11” and a muscular 190 pounds, Grady was a versatile player for the Phillies, Browns, Giants, Senators, and Cardinals for 11 seasons from 1894 to 1906. A line drive hitter with power, he had a lifetime average of .294, with 35 home runs and a career on-base percentage of .374, 226th in major league history.

A loud, abrupt, and loquacious character known for shooting from the lip, Grady, nicknamed “Michael Angelo,” was a lavish spender who, according to writer Clifford Ammerman, “obviously enjoyed his status as a major league baseball player and always created quite a stir when he visited his home town … or for that matter, when in the company of baseball fans in big league cities. The crowd followed him.” Grady was noted for his numerous arguments with umpires, which earned him at least 16 major league ejections. He was also an alcoholic who drank his way out of the big leagues by 1902, only to return sober two years later. After his retirement, Grady was credited with helping a young Herb Pennock develop as a pitcher.
                                Since 1910, numerous sources have described Mike Grady’s record-setting four, five or six errors during a play he butchered at third base, supposedly in 1895, 1899, or at Chicago’s West Side Park. In one version of the play, a ground ball to Grady was fumbled for an error (1); belated wild throw across the diamond (2); runner heads to third, Grady receives and can’t hold the return throw, runner would have been out if he had (3); runner scrambles to his feet and heads home, Grady retrieves the ball and traps him in a run-down, should have tagged him out at third, but muffed the play (4); runner again heads home, Grady recovers the ball and would have gotten his man at the plate, but the throw was wild (5).

The play never happened. Baseball historian Bill Deane found that Grady only played 51 games at third base in his 11-year career and never made more than three errors in any game there, let alone in one at bat. His three error game was against Cleveland on August 25, 1899. “Could that have been the infamous day, with just the error count exaggerated,” Deane asks. “Nope, Cleveland scored four runs that day, and all four were earned. And Sporting Life’s account of the game includes no mention of Grady.” Deane’s conclusion: “I suspect Grady, like Wally Pipp and Bob Uecker, got a lot of mileage in telling self-deprecating stories about himself, and wouldn't let the truth stand in the way of a good yarn.”
                                On April 26, 1900, Mike Grady, George Davis, and Kid Gleason were riding a streetcar bound for New York’s Polo Grounds when they came upon an apartment house fully engulfed in flames on West 144th Street. The ballplayers were among the first on the scene and, according to the New York World, “worked like trojans in carrying down the helpless.” At least 200 people were in the structure when the fire started and no lives were apparently lost. Firemen, passersby, and the ballplayers were hailed as heroes for their efforts.

Grady and the rough-and-tumble Gleason were roommates on the road during their time with the Giants. One night the team was bunking in a “pitcher and bowl” establishment, an old-fashioned hotel without running water in the rooms. After a few drinks too many, the pair were joking around with each other and Mike said something that stung the Kid pretty hard. Gleason promptly grabbed the water pitcher and smashed it over Grady’s head. According to the Gazette-Telegraph, “He must have hit a hard spot, because it never fazed Grady, who winked his eye and apologized to the ‘Kid.’”

Comment

Working...
                                X