No announcement yet.

2014 Real Mock Draft Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silentmist has deferred his picks until the end of the draft.
    BigJon made his picks, but one (Ackley) was already taken, and he needs to repick.
    will timed out at 11 this morning and can pick any time.
    Stephen is on the clock until he picks or 1:00, when he would time out and DMT would be on the clock.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

• Timed out and missing picks: Will, Stephen, revo.

mgwizz pm'ed, on the clock until 7:33, then onto Moonlight.

Comment

• I swear we were picking in the reserve rounds last weekend too...
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          I swear we were picking in the reserve rounds last weekend too...
          Round 23 (the first reserve round) started last Sunday.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

• Just end it and let people fill in once yahoo opens...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Just end it and let people fill in once yahoo opens...
              Done. Let me know if I made any inputting mistakes. I already see I gave silent Santiago Casilla instead of Sano, but that is irrelevant now.

The league is now active and open for free agent acquisitions, so the 5 missing picks--Stephen, will, and 3 for silentmist--can be filled that way. There were four players not in the Yahoo database, so I gave those teams retired players Halladay, Berkman, Michael Young, and Hafner as placeholders. If the owner wants to keep his right to the player not yet in the database, he can't drop his retired placeholder; if he does, he loses the right to the player he picked if and when that player gets added to the database, OK?

Go to your team page, and forward to March 22. At that point all your players appear as Bench players. You need to fill out your active squad for the day, and then that is your lineup going forward.
              Last edited by ; 03-02-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• What's the URL for the league?

-- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                  What's the URL for the league?
                  Best in class Yahoo Mail, breaking local, national and global news, finance, sports, music, movies... You get more out of the web, you get more out of life.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                    Done. Let me know if I made any inputting mistakes. I already see I gave silent Santiago Casilla instead of Sano, but that is irrelevant now.

The league is now active and open for free agent acquisitions, so the 5 missing picks--Stephen, will, and 3 for silentmist--can be filled that way. There were four players not in the Yahoo database, so I gave those teams retired players Halladay, Berkman, Michael Young, and Hafner as placeholders. If the owner wants to keep his right to the player not yet in the database, he can't drop his retired placeholder; if he does, he loses the right to the player he picked if and when that player gets added to the database, OK?

Go to your team page, and forward to March 22. At that point all your players appear as Bench players. You need to fill out your active squad for the day, and then that is your lineup going forward.
                    Cool. Thanks.

Didn't realize that I would be computerless all weekend. Sorry for the delay.

Comment

• Thanks to Weapon1 for getting this all together, navigating the MDC snafu and getting the lineups in. Good luck this year, boys.
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• I went there, and my team name is there, but I can't see my roster. I assume I'm doing something wrong. Help!

-- William James

Comment

I went there, and my team name is there, but I can't see my roster. I assume I'm doing something wrong. Help!
                          Skip ahead to March 3rd and everyone should show up on your bench.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I went there, and my team name is there, but I can't see my roster. I assume I'm doing something wrong. Help!
                            Where it says Sunday Mar. 2 you need to forward that to Monday Mar. 3. Once there you'll see all your players on your bench and read to be activated at their positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                              Where it says Sunday Mar. 2 you need to forward that to Monday Mar. 3. Once there you'll see all your players on your bench and read to be activated at their positions.
                              got it. Thanks!

-- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                                Thanks to Weapon1 for getting this all together, navigating the MDC snafu and getting the lineups in. Good luck this year, boys.
                                let me second this - thanks, weap!
                                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                                X