2014 Real Mock Draft Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
    Then i guess we will have to pm here after we make our pick.
    I'll need something better than that...unless we can set up private messages to go to our email.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      I'll need something better than that...unless we can set up private messages to go to our email.
      You can. Go to http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/profi...do=editoptions and choose the appropriate option.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

pick is up. kinda happy that davis didn't get snagged - good for an orioles homey. sorry for the delay, but, well, it *is* sunday morning .

PMed bigjon.
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          PMs should be going to your email. I always have it that way.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Picked EE, Horns is up.

Comment

Thanks Jon...picked Bryce Harper. Injury plagued season last year and he still hit 20 HR's and stole 11 bags. Looking for a quantum leap in health that will result in a 35/25 season...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Thanks Jon...picked Bryce Harper. Injury plagued season last year and he still hit 20 HR's and stole 11 bags. Looking for a quantum leap in health that will result in a 35/25 season...
                I very nearly took him at 6...I'm still thinking I should have.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

not sure how I missed this, but... are we using BA or OBP?
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Once you get past the top 5, which I think is pretty clear cut, the next 20 players seem like they can go in any order.

not sure how I missed this, but... are we using BA or OBP?
                    BA.

Comment

BTW, the queue doesn't seem to work at MDC, or perhaps Weapon 1 didn't set it quite right. Just be aware of that starting tomorrow, and if you're going to be away from a computer, leave a list if you don't want to be skipped...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yea, don't know what happened there. My Hanley pick is in, pm'ing mlj.

Comment

Darn. I was hoping to get Hanley.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

Puig seemed like the guy most likely to be worth a top-2 pick when the season's over.

Comment

Someone had to suffer the dreaded and infamous Curse of Quixote, in which a previously steady producer becomes a jumbled mass of mangled flesh and bad production. This year, sorry to say for Mets fans, it's your best player.
                              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                              -- William James

Comment

Bucky was pm'd. I guess he should be making his pick sometime tomorrow.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X