No announcement yet.

2014 Real Mock Draft Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i went in to pick, but it says "Draft Paused" and i can't...
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
      i went in to pick, but it says "Draft Paused" and i can't...
      Try again I was setting the timer so it didnt' time out overnight.

Comment

OK - pick is in and PM to willthethrill sent...
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

OK - pick is in and PM to willthethrill sent...
          I'll pm DMT. You need to watch the draft room for a bit after you make your pick, because it will take 12 seconds each to pull players off lists left by the team(s) after you.

Comment

I had my team on auto-pick and it picked the first player in my queue (as it should). Good feature.

Comment

Holy cow things moved fast today.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

nice freudian slip
                LOL...hopefully, those tools will all be on display this year.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

what's up with the asian women ads on mdc? it feels like b-fly should be part of this draft ...

Comment

I have set up auto select so if DMT picks tonight (I bet he does) JC will be up quite quick.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Do not get all the Freddie Freeman love. BABIP isn't going to be .371 again. Only hit 23 HR last year.

Also do not get the lack of respect for Carlos Gomez. .284-23-37sb. Nothing really suggesting that he won't do it again. I think he's a borderline top 10 guy.
                      Had Ellsbury not been available, I'd have chose Gomez. I like the power/speed combo.

And not that it matters, but I've heard on XM that he's rated one of the top couple of CFs defensively.

Comment

• Both Collette and Zola seem to really like Gomez. I was hoping he'd still be around and he was. Woo!
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          I have set up auto select so if DMT picks tonight (I bet he does) JC will be up quite quick.
                          looks like it didn't get set up properly. DMT took pedroia and it shows you up, pogues...

Comment

• I guess part of the reason we do this is to learn where our opinions are very different. I did not have Josh Hamilton anywhere near that high. I know the upside is still there somewhere but I just think he's way too risky.

Didn't I see that Verlander is going to miss the start of the season?

Love the Darvish pick. I had him very high and I was worried he was the one who would fall to me. Pairing Darvish and Kershaw would be fun, but really detrimental to my offense.

Comment

• Very happy to get Desmond there.

Sorry for not leaving myself on auto, but I wanted to see who got picked... if Desmond was gone I wasn't sure who I wanted. Guess I could have sent a PM.

Really a shame that they don't have an app or at least a page you can access from your phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                                Well that worked well...I don't think Verlander is that big of a risk to let fall much further. If I get last year's stats, not so good of a pick. 2012...boom!

Comment

Working...
                                X