2014 Real Mock Draft Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Nick Castellanos is slated to be the everyday 3B for the Tigers this year, but doesn't have 3B eligibility yet. If you draft Castellanos with the expectation that he'll be your 3B or CI, this rule forces you to take another player you don't plan on using after 1-2 weeks five rounds too early.
    That has to do with a different rule. I have no problem saying that the position eligibility rule needs work.

Comment

• Hammer timed out, pm'ing DJB

Comment

• We got a few picks in, hurrah!

Still need picks from silentmist, Hammer, and Beasties.

PM'd: mjl up
        Weapon on deck
        Hornsby in the hole
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Yes, I just want to say for the record that this rule is antiquated and the dumbest rule in fantasy baseball.
          I agree, but when it was mentioned and none of the folks who have done this for a few years, I figured I'd just roll with it. We should be able to fill our rosters as we choose, as long as when we are done the starting positions are all covered when the draft ends.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Sent a PM to Jon, who I believe is up...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I think we are up to date
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• If people are only going to say their names and rd of their picks it is going to be difficult for me to track what is happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                  If people are only going to say their names and rd of their picks it is going to be difficult for me to track what is happening.
                  Seriously, it takes about 2 seconds to type out our picks in the correct format.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

If people are only going to say their names and rd of their picks it is going to be difficult for me to track what is happening.
                    Sorry, just corrected mine. I was following Pete's format. Didn't really think it out.
                    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

That has to do with a different rule. I have no problem saying that the position eligibility rule needs work.
                      It doesn't, because Castellanos played all 9 of his MLB games last year in the OF, so as of today, his position eligibility is correct. But the fact is that he'll have 3B eligibility no later than Week 2 is a small example as to why it speaks to the fact needing to draft a "starting lineup" first is, IMO, silly.

Comment

• Bryan skipped, will on the clock until 1. Either can take the player Stephen is presently showing as taking, Stephen's not up until will picks or 1:00 pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Seriously, it takes about 2 seconds to type out our picks in the correct format.
                          I asked that about 15 rounds ago, and some folks just chose to blow off the idea. I figured they were just showing off in how much better they are, how much more knowledge they had. As for my last pick, I will go correct it, but when I picked I just wanted to get something down quick as I was at work and had about one minute to pick.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            It's too hard for Hammer though and don't ask him directly.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                              Bryan skipped, will on the clock until 1. Either can take the player Stephen is presently showing as taking, Stephen's not up until will picks or 1:00 pm.
                              My pick is up. I did not PM anyone for next since I'm not sure who to ping.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                It's too hard for Hammer though and don't ask him directly.

still going, Princess?
                                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                                X