2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by james33 View Post
    Mets watchers...Nimmo: starting spot his for the rest of the year if he hits ok? Or Duda to LF, Loney stays at 1B? Or is Conforto on his way back from AAA soon and this is just a cup of coffee for Nimmo?
    Duda has a better chance at becoming the closer than getting any more games in the OF.

he's, er, not terribly mobile.
    and yeah, the expectation would be for Conforto to return - though Nimmo possibly could get a second or third cup before he uses the second half of that plane ticket
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Nimmo is not a waste of time, but I don't see much upside.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that Steven Matz (elbow) "was seriously considering surgery, and maybe even leaning that way, before a meeting with the Mets brass."
        Matz has already received one cortisone shot to combat left elbow pain brought upon by a bone spur. The southpaw has been told that he won't do any more damage pitching through the ailment, so he'll try to do so for now after having a start pushed back one day. However, surgery is still very much on the table at some point, particularly if he isn't terribly effective while pitching compromised.
        Source: TodaysKnuckleball.comJun 30 - 12:37 PM

Comment

• Trust the Mets management and medical staff? Oh, Steven Matz, that will not end well.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• uh oh:

For the second time in three years, Matt Harvey is weighing a serious, season-ending surgery.

St. Louis surgeon Dr. Robert Thompson confirmed Thursday that the Mets right-hander has the symptoms of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS). Now, Harvey is expected to decide between options which include a nerve-blocking injection and surgery within a few days, Sandy Alderson announced.

“There are a couple of different approaches. There are some temporary and conservative treatments that would involve a nerve block but the other significant option is surgery,” the Mets GM said Thursday afternoon. “If he does have surgery, it’s about a 4-month recovery time before he’d be unrestricted. I think if he has the surgery, we’re talking about 2017.

For the second time in three years, Matt Harvey is weighing season-ending surgery. St. Louis surgeon Dr. Robert Thompson confirmed Wednesday that the Mets right-hander has the symptoms of Thoracic …

Comment

• Matt Harvey will have TOS surgery and is out for the season.

Comment

• That puts him out of my misery. I will see if he has any keeper value for 2017.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  If Conforto plays well in AAA (and so far he's 4-for-12 with 2 BBs) then yeah, this is a cup of coffee for Nimmo.
                  Conforto is 11-for-26 with 2 HRs and 11 RBIs in his last 6 games in the minors, and with Nimmo not doing much, we should expect Conforto to be back shortly after the AS Break.

Comment

• this will sound silly, but the Mets love Nimmo's "energy."

so he may stay longer than you think - unless they slump, in which case they have to "break the Conforto emergency glass" and bring him back.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Conforto is 11-for-26 with 2 HRs and 11 RBIs in his last 6 games in the minors, and with Nimmo not doing much, we should expect Conforto to be back shortly after the AS Break.
                      Conforto up, Nimmo demoted.

Comment

• Lucas Duda suffered a "flare-up" in his back and will be shut down for another 30 days, so he's basically kaput for this season.

Comment

Lucas Duda suffered a "flare-up" in his back and will be shut down for another 30 days, so he's basically kaput for this season.
                          Was hoping to trade his x contract at the deadline. Good move on my part to wait all season for this. woo hoo.

Comment

• Conforto optioned back to AAA in what has been a disastrous season for him.

And now another inevitable outcome about to happen:

"Zack Wheeler has made appointment to visit Dr. James Andrews after he experienced discomfort and soreness in his surgically repaired elbow following his last start, Terry Collins told reporters on Friday. Wheeler has not been able to throw since the start, according to Collins.

Collins said he didn’t know if the appointment was Friday or Monday. He also said it’s unknown if this setback will end Wheeler’s season. The Mets will wait for a second opinion from Dr. Andrews before making a decision.

“We’re concerned about it,” Collins said. “As we know, there are no guarantees when you have these operations that everybody’s going to bounce back from them.”

Comment

• Seems odd to me that both Nimmo and Conforto are in the minors now, and Ty Kelly doesn't seem like an exciting option.

Comment

Conforto optioned back to AAA in what has been a disastrous season for him.

And now another inevitable outcome about to happen:

"Zack Wheeler has made appointment to visit Dr. James Andrews after he experienced discomfort and soreness in his surgically repaired elbow following his last start, Terry Collins told reporters on Friday. Wheeler has not been able to throw since the start, according to Collins.

Collins said he didn’t know if the appointment was Friday or Monday. He also said it’s unknown if this setback will end Wheeler’s season. The Mets will wait for a second opinion from Dr. Andrews before making a decision.

“We’re concerned about it,” Collins said. “As we know, there are no guarantees when you have these operations that everybody’s going to bounce back from them.”
                                Wow. Conforto was available in a few of my leagues and I went after him hard, but was always outbid. I was high on him, but not $30 high.

And, if you were still holding onto Wheeler, you can probably cut him loose and not regret it. The Giants sure did.

Comment

Working...
                                X