No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Mets lineup looks pretty weak outside of Cespedes...
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
      Syndergaard looked NASTY tonight. Cy Young Nasty
      What is amazing to me is his command while throwing upper 90s heat and low 90s sliders. He's striking out about 10.5/9 while walking only about 2/9 IP. At age 23.

Wow!
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        That Mets lineup looks pretty weak outside of Cespedes...
        Disappointing. Walker looks lost to me. Wright is old but might catch a dead cat bounce. Grandy had a great year in 2015 and is a great guy, but not sure he has a repeat in him. But man that pitching is good!

Comment

• Cespedes had fluid drained from his leg today, according to Rotoworld...he is definitely out on Monday. Considering how forthcoming the Mets have been about injury and PT status, am I crazy to bench him this week? Im not talking about playing some scrub OF in an NL only - this would be a mixed 16-teamer where I'd essentially be playing Brandon Belt vs. Cespedes.

Thoughts?

The quote from RW:
          Mets manager Terry Collins said that Yoenis Cespedes had "a lot" of fluid drained from his ailing right leg on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Cespedes had fluid drained from his leg today, according to Rotoworld...he is definitely out on Monday. Considering how forthcoming the Mets have been about injury and PT status, am I crazy to bench him this week? Im not talking about playing some scrub OF in an NL only - this would be a mixed 16-teamer where I'd essentially be playing Brandon Belt vs. Cespedes.

Thoughts?

The quote from RW:
            The local thinking is he's going to miss the entire Reds series.

Comment

• Travis D'Arnaud making what seems to be his annual trip to the DL (strained shoulder).

Comment

• Revo - I believe it's Travis DL'Arnaud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Disappointing. Walker looks lost to me. Wright is old but might catch a dead cat bounce. Grandy had a great year in 2015 and is a great guy, but not sure he has a repeat in him. But man that pitching is good!
                  Walker not lost anymore.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Matz with a sore elbow, will miss his next start. I know the default reaction here is to go right to assuming TJ surgery, but hey, that is only accurate about 95% of the time, so I'm holding out hope it is just a precaution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Matz with a sore elbow, will miss his next start. I know the default reaction here is to go right to assuming TJ surgery, but hey, that is only accurate about 95% of the time, so I'm holding out hope it is just a precaution.
                      ESPN is now calling it forearm soreness. I guess that's better than the elbow. Hopefully, all he needs is a few extra days off. Although, the last time he pitched after having extra days off he gave up 7 runs.

On a positive note, Matz will miss his start at Coors Field.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Thor sees Bartolo's HR and matches it
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Matz with a sore elbow, will miss his next start. I know the default reaction here is to go right to assuming TJ surgery, but hey, that is only accurate about 95% of the time, so I'm holding out hope it is just a precaution.
                          Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          ESPN is now calling it forearm soreness. I guess that's better than the elbow. Hopefully, all he needs is a few extra days off. Although, the last time he pitched after having extra days off he gave up 7 runs.

On a positive note, Matz will miss his start at Coors Field.
                          Forearm soreness is often an indicator of an elbow injury. I'm no medical expert, but I've seen it time-and-time again.

(I certainly hope that's not the case, this time. Despite the Cubbies sweep, the Nats are for real, and the Mets need to win the division as opposed to having to play the one-game, dice roll that befalls the wild card teams...)
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

"So you're telling me there's a chance?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              "So you're telling me there's a chance?!?"
                              Check what team Matz is on and ask that again.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                                Check what team Matz is on and ask that again.
                                Never mind, Matz is doomed.

Comment

Working...
                                X