X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Never mind, Matz is doomed.
    and it will end up being a hamstring tear
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• The Mets acquire James Loney to man first base while Duda recovers.

Comment

• David Wright to the DL with a herniated disc in his neck, and it sounds like it will be an extended absence.

EDIT -- He's 6-to-8 weeks away from "baseball activities," so stick a fork in him for 2016.

Comment

• Duda's injury doesn't sound good either. I spent more FAAB on James Loney than I'd care to admit last night (NL only, at least).

Can they call up Dilson Herrera and play either him or Neil Walker at 3B?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Duda's injury doesn't sound good either. I spent more FAAB on James Loney than I'd care to admit last night (NL only, at least).

Can they call up Dilson Herrera and play either him or Neil Walker at 3B?
            locally its being bandied about on the radio stations but not commented on by Mets management
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              locally its being bandied about on the radio stations but not commented on by Mets management
              Walker is in his walk season and probably wouldn't mind showing off some flexibility. He was drafted as a catcher so I suspect he has the arm for 3B.

Comment

• Since the Mets are up.
                The Mets are now projecting Wheeler (elbow) for a return after the All-Star break, Matt Ehalt of the Bergen Record reports. (6/3/2016)

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• The Mets acquired Kelly Johnson (again) from the Braves (again) for Akeel Morris (not again).

Comment

• Syndergaard -- elbow discomfort - https://t.co/g6QZLWmMtc

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Syndergaard -- elbow discomfort - https://t.co/g6QZLWmMtc
                      First Matz, now Thor....Matz has had a couple of elbow scares this year, and they both seem to have been false alarms. Maybe Thor's is too. Maybe the Mets have told their pitchers, if you even think you may have pain in your elbow, tell us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        First Matz, now Thor....Matz has had a couple of elbow scares this year, and they both seem to have been false alarms. Maybe Thor's is too. Maybe the Mets have told their pitchers, if you even think you may have pain in your elbow, tell us?
                        And Wheeler had a setback this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          And Wheeler had a setback this weekend.
                          I know, right? Shocking.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Wheeler issue may be a false alarm; "no structural issues," just irritation.
                            same for Thor
                            and "mild sprain" of wrist for Cespedes
                            #knockonwood
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Mets demote Conforto to AAA, recall Brandon Nimmo and sign Jose Reyes to a ML contract.

Comment

• Is there any advantage to a rebuilding team buying low on Conforto ($5 for 2017) or is he not gonna cut it as a major leaguer?
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X