No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Walker has a herniated disc in his back and is out for the rest of the season.

Comment

• Does anyone have any idea whether Zack Wheeler will be ready for camp? He's already talked about going to the pen to stay healthier.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Does anyone have any idea whether Zack Wheeler will be ready for camp? He's already talked about going to the pen to stay healthier.
        He was supposed to be starting his throwing program around this week, so it does not seem likely that a formal schedule has been made yet. Maybe in a few weeks after they get a feel for his tolerances.

Zack Wheeler said he has no issues with the Mets’ front office if general manager Sandy Alderson and his staff decide to put the right-hander in the bullpen for next season. Once a high-ceili…

Comment

• here we go:

David Wright won't throw for "a couple weeks" after being diagnosed with a right shoulder impingement.
          Uh oh. Wright has been limited to DH duty in the early part of the Grapefruit League schedule as he makes his way back from neck surgery, but he apparently felt shoulder soreness in some of his private throwing sessions, so the Mets sent him to New York to get checked out. General manager Sandy Alderson is calling him "questionable" for Opening Day, but they clearly can't count on him avoiding further setbacks. Jose Reyes is poised to have a major role in this lineup this season.
          Source: Anthony DiComo on TwitterFeb 28 - 9:23 AM

Comment

• PORT ST. LUCIE — The Mets’ first base situation may not be as simple as they had hoped. Lucas Duda, who missed 107 games with a stress fracture in his back last season, was off the fiel…

The Mets’ first base situation may not be as simple as they had hoped. Lucas Duda, who missed 107 games with a stress fracture in his back last season, was off the field the third straight day of workouts with issues related to his back and hips. Duda was sent to get cortisone shots in both of his hips on Friday and was unavailable for the Mets’ home Grapefruit League opener.

You know... maybe if they had started trying Conforto at first base sometime in the last two years, since it started to be obvious that they needed another option there, they wouldn't be in this situation. But they're STILL not trying it as far as I can tell, though they've started to think about playing Bruce there.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.2982141

The Mets’ first base situation may not be as simple as they had hoped. Lucas Duda, who missed 107 games with a stress fracture in his back last season, was off the field the third straight day of workouts with issues related to his back and hips. Duda was sent to get cortisone shots in both of his hips on Friday and was unavailable for the Mets’ home Grapefruit League opener.

You know... maybe if they had started trying Conforto at first base sometime in the last two years, since it started to be obvious that they needed another option there, they wouldn't be in this situation. But they're STILL not trying it as far as I can tell, though they've started to think about playing Bruce there.
              Yeah, Bruce has been on the game telecasts saying he's been practicing there. They also have Wilmer Flores, who did pretty well there last season.

Comment

• What are the early returns on the 5th SP slot?

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Wheeler has been told he has the inside track if he proves he's healthy.
                  which he won't, so Gsellman.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    Wheeler has been told he has the inside track if he proves he's healthy.
                    which he won't, so Gsellman.
                    I hope Wheeler wins the job out of spring training as Gsellman could then be affordable in the endgame.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Yeah, Bruce has been on the game telecasts saying he's been practicing there. They also have Wilmer Flores, who did pretty well there last season.
                      Bruce filled in at first base several times while with the Reds. From what I recall, he did fairly well at the position. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him playing first for the Mets... plus it opens a spot for Conforto

Comment

• Steven Matz will begin the season on the DL with elbow tightness. Robert Gsellman will be the SP4 and Seth Lugo the SP5 to start the year.

Other NY Met fantasy notes:
                        - Matt Harvey cranked it up to 97 yesterday
                        - Jeurys Familia meeting with Rob Manfred today (finally).

Comment

• Familia suspended 15 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Familia suspended 15 games.
                            Fewer than expected. Reed's value lowered considerably.

Comment

• What's going on with Steven Matz?

"Ever since Steven Matz revealed he’s suffering from a strained flexor tendon, Mets officials have been privately asking who made the diagnosis. “Our [doctors] found nothing wrong,” said one person with knowledge of Matz's care. The team is both frustrated and flummoxed, in the dark as to what’s actually wrong with Matz and when he’ll be able to pitch again.

It’s a sensitive subject among Mets executives, who say they like Matz personally and are convinced he’s talented enough to someday rank among the National League’s elite. They’re also impressed with the left-hander's work ethic.

But there’s growing unease with the trajectory of Matz's career, which has been hindered by injuries and chronic discomfort. The Mets had hoped surgery to remove bone chips from Matz’s elbow last winter would’ve given him a fresh start in 2017, but he told trainers he was sore again before a March 22 start against the Marlins, when he allowed five runs over four innings."

Comment

• I swear that I could walk into the Mets training room with my detached finger in a box and they wouldn't be able to give me a firm diagnosis.

Comment

Working...
                                X