No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mets really need to start Michael Conforto on an every-day basis.

With Lucas Duda back from his hyperextended elbow next week, the Mets need to ease Curtis Granderson into a backup role and allow Conforto to get 500+ ABs this season. Let Grandy chip in 250-300 ABs and the Mets will be much better for it. Heck, this is Grandy's last year in NY, maybe they can trade him to an OF needy team (Detroit? Pittsburgh?) for a pitcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      The Mets really need to start Michael Conforto on an every-day basis.

With Lucas Duda back from his hyperextended elbow next week, the Mets need to ease Curtis Granderson into a backup role and allow Conforto to get 500+ ABs this season. Let Grandy chip in 250-300 ABs and the Mets will be much better for it. Heck, this is Grandy's last year in NY, maybe they can trade him to an OF needy team (Detroit? Pittsburgh?) for a pitcher.
      Agree that they need to be starting Conforto, but disagree with trading Grandy unless they get a really good deal. Duda has hardly been the picture of health the last couple years, and they may well need to fill his shoes a lot before this year is out.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Agree that they need to be starting Conforto, but disagree with trading Grandy unless they get a really good deal. Duda has hardly been the picture of health the last couple years, and they may well need to fill his shoes a lot before this year is out.
        Yeah, you're right. But they also have Lagares to fill in for OF work, as well as Dominic Smith at AAA. If Matz' injury will keep him out longer than expected, trading Grandy might make sense. If not, keeping him around as a 4th OFer is the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          The Mets really need to start Michael Conforto on an every-day basis.

Tigers could use another OF but doubt very seriously they give up much up. Even if this team is winning their division by the trading deadline I don't them trading prospects for a run.

Comment

• Cespedes blew his hamstring. Looks bad. Hope my assessment is wrong.

Comment

Cespedes blew his hamstring. Looks bad. Hope my assessment is wrong.
              "Blew his hamstring" is probably a little strong. He'll head to the do and probably has a strain, but I doubt it tore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                "Blew his hamstring" is probably a little strong. He'll head to the do and probably has a strain, but I doubt it tore.
                Then why are they doing an MRI on him today.

Comment

• Mets doing Met stuff...Thor apparently couldn't lift his arm up to shoulder height, so they moved Harvey up to start...who had just done his heavy work day the previous day. So he blew up and walked a bunch...and they've also had TWO meetings in the last 10 days. Also Thor apparently tried to throw longtime PR guy Jay Horowitz under the bus for not keeping reporters away from him.

Ah Mets, don't ever stop being you!
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    You could be right. I just saw two people needed to help him into the dugout and how slowly he moved and figured it was pretty serious.

Comment

You could be right. I just saw two people needed to help him into the dugout and how slowly he moved and figured it was pretty serious.
                      Mets are calling his strain "non-serious."

Comment

• Which means he could be playing tonight. Or he has been in the morgue past 2 hours.

Comment

• Why was Wheeler taken out in the fifth inning with a lead and two,outs?

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                            Which means he could be playing tonight. Or he has been in the morgue past 2 hours.
                            Nicely played. This mets fan can't disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                              Why was Wheeler taken out in the fifth inning with a lead and two,outs?
                              He was throwing a ton of pitches. He was right around 100 pitches when they took him out

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                                Why was Wheeler taken out in the fifth inning with a lead and two,outs?
                                Murphy KILLS the Mets, in that spot any MGR who doesn't bring in a lefty there should be fired immediately. I was watching, and Mets announcers predicted the move during the previous batter. also was must-have game for desperate Mets, who might have lost if they gave Wheeler Murphy, who hit a grand slam against Wheeler in the previous start.

all that said, you asked a perfectly reasonable question. the circumstances were just a perfect storm, especially with the 100 pitches after 2 years off.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X