2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    DeGrom won't throw for at least the next FOUR WEEKS, so he's pretty much toast until June -- if he's lucky
    "Stress reaction to right scapula"

Ouch
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• What's a stress reaction? How serious?

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
        What's a stress reaction? How serious?
        Not sure. Sounds very serious. Jeff Passan reporting that deGrom will "miss significant time".
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Not sure. Sounds very serious. Jeff Passan reporting that deGrom will "miss significant time".

Comment

• We can make some educated guesses:
            - re-evaluated around May 1
            - if there’s a setback, add 2 weeks (May 15)
            - throwing program of 3-4 weeks (June 15), assuming no setbacks, which may be unlikely.

I’d say:
            25% chance of June 1-15
            25% chance of June 16-30
            25% chance of July 1+
            25% chance of April 2023

Comment

We can make some educated guesses:
              - re-evaluated around May 1
              - if there’s a setback, add 2 weeks (May 15)
              - throwing program of 3-4 weeks (June 15), assuming no setbacks, which may be unlikely.

I’d say:
              25% chance of June 1-15
              25% chance of June 16-30
              25% chance of July 1+
              25% chance of April 2023
              Johnny Dickshot is a dumbass. That is all
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Johnny Dickshot is a dumbass. That is all
                Meh, you took a shot and missed...not the end of the world. And maybe he comes back healthy for 3-4 months. I think that you have the best team going into the season, but there are some severe injury risks. You'll patch it together, bring Greene up and get some K's out of him and go hunting for a de Grom fill in.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Meh, you took a shot and missed...not the end of the world. And maybe he comes back healthy for 3-4 months. I think that you have the best team going into the season, but there are some severe injury risks. You'll patch it together, bring Greene up and get some K's out of him and go hunting for a de Grom fill in.
                  thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I was going to avoid deGrom and then in the last weeks i read some promising stuff...figured if i could get a good two months from him I would be in great shape. I wrote down 47 as my max bid going in and got him for 46...not knowing what Cole would go for, thought he might be 50 or more. Discouraging to lose him before he even pitched an inning, but that's how it goes. Need to figure out whether to play or trade Greene, that is what makes this game fun !
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Mets are close to a deal which would get them Hosmer + Paddack from the Padres for Dominic Smith

Comment

Mets are close to a deal which would get them Hosmer + Paddack from the Padres for Dominic Smith
                      I guess Hosmer would essentially do what Smith would have done, so you're paying a shit ton of money for Paddack.

Don't like this for the Mets.

Comment

• Now Scherzer has been scratched from an intrasquad game with hamstring tightness.

Mets will be Mets.

Comment

• If the Padres eat a lot of Hosmer's contract this would make more sense, especially if they're worried about Scherzer now too.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                            If the Padres eat a lot of Hosmer's contract this would make more sense, especially if they're worried about Scherzer now too.
                            From what I'm hearing the deal stands thusly--Hosmer, Pagan and Paddack and 23 million (Half of Hosmer's remaining contract 20/13/13) for Dom Smith. Padres clear 20 mil off their books allowing them options such as--signing Conforto or making a trade for a controllable OF and signing. If I were the Mets, I wouldn't do it. Especially because Paddack's arm issues at the end of last season were due to a slight UCL tear. But that just might make him a natural met eh?

I'm rooting for it as a Padre fan.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              From what I'm hearing the deal stands thusly--Hosmer, Pagan and Paddack and 23 million (Half of Hosmer's remaining contract 20/13/13) for Dom Smith. Padres clear 20 mil off their books allowing them options such as--signing Conforto or making a trade for a controllable OF and signing. If I were the Mets, I wouldn't do it. Especially because Paddack's arm issues at the end of last season were due to a slight UCL tear. But that just might make him a natural met eh?

I'm rooting for it as a Padre fan.
                              Doesn't Hosmer have 4 seasons left at $59M? 20-13-13-13

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                                Doesn't Hosmer have 4 seasons left at $59M? 20-13-13-13
                                You are correct! add 7.5 mil to that money being sent.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X