2k13 NY Mets: Shea it Ain't So

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
    The next two FA classes are underwhelming to say the least and Wilpon is broke as hell. He has a 350 million dollar loan payment due next summer and almost 900 million dollars in loans to be paid in full by 2017. Alderson IMO is going to be active more in trading rather than throwing non existent Wilpon money at the problems.
    Plus, the FA pool isn't what it used to be, as more teams are locking up their stars long before they hit FA.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      How long until Bobby Bonilla comes off the books?
      Bonilla will get the last of his 25 annual payments of $1,193,248.20 in 2036. Zack Wheeler could finish a 20 year career before then. Bo knows retirement planning.

Bobby Bonilla and Jose Canseco had the same agent, who tried to get a similar deal for Canseco. But, Jose wasn't interested in a deferred deal.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Eric Young starting in CF and leading off in his Mets debut tonight. Grab him now if you need steals and he is available.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• cut bait

Comment

• That can't be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Thanks for the scare. I thought it was about Eric Young, whom i added in all 3 of my leagues.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Mets DFA'd Collin Cowgill to make room for EY.
                Traded to the Angels for minor league OFer Kyle Johnson.

Comment

• I was in Las Vegas last week, and as part of my "do something other than gamble every day" plan, I went to see the 51s play the Colorado Springs SkySox. My observations--

--Ike Davis was, well, Ike Davis. Looked awful one swing, then rips a double off the base of the opposite field wall for an RBI. Don't read much into it, as it was off the amazing Jeff Manship (seriously, Manship gets PAID to pitch? Why?). He then got thrown out at home on a ground ball single to left.
                  --The 51s won the game 12-7 and still looked bad. They're not good, but the Sky Sox (terrible name) are far worse.
                  --Good beer.
                  --D.J. Mitchell started for the 51s. The guy looks like he'd have to gain 30 pounds to be skinny. Looked like a player from 1948 in his baggy uniform.
                  --The SkySox pitcher in the 8th inning was so wild that our section started singing "Wild Thing" to him, just like in "Major League" (but without Charlie Sheen). Two wild pitches and could easily have had a third except that the distance between home plate and the backstop is very short.
                  --Good hotdogs.
                  --There is only a one letter difference between "organizational depth" and "organizational death". Jeff Manship is proof of this.
                  --Cashman Field has high outfield walls and is 433 feet to center, but man, does the ball fly there. Straight right and left listed at 364 don't help.
                  --The 51s play their Sunday home games at 12:05. Combined with the aluminum seats in most of the park and the temperatures in LV most of the baseball season, I'm surprised they draw anyone to those games.
                  --Good beer. That makes the execrable pitching on both sides bearable.
                  --In the immortal words of Jim Bouton, "The minor leagues are all very minor".
                  --But they are casual and fun.
                  --Mets fans, do not look to your current AAA team for future salvation. It just ain't there.
                  --The park is not in a really good part of town. If you go there, drive or take cabs even though it's not far from downtown.
                  --Good beer. Good times.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

• I can't possibly add anything to this...

Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN 2h
                    If it's July 1, that means the #Mets owe Bobby Bonilla $1,193,248.20 today ... and each July 1 through 2035.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Just a drop in the bucket thanks to all that money they have with Bernie Madoff... oh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        I can't possibly add anything to this...

"Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN 2h
                        If it's July 1, that means the #Mets owe Bobby Bonilla $1,193,248.20 today ... and each July 1 through 2035. "
                        I bet Bobby Bo throws one helluva July 4 party each year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                          My observations--

--Good beer.
                          --Good hotdogs.
                          --The 51s play their Sunday home games at 12:05. Combined with the aluminum seats in most of the park and the temperatures in LV most of the baseball season, I'm surprised they draw anyone to those games.
                          --Good beer. That makes the execrable pitching on both sides bearable.
                          --Good beer. Good times.
                          I think I can figure this one out.

Comment

• Shea it ain't so!

Shaun Marcum needs thoracic outlet syndrome surgery and is out for the season.

Comment

Shea it ain't so!

Shaun Marcum needs thoracic outlet syndrome surgery and is out for the season.
                              Good riddance. Seemed to have a bad attitude. Just wish there were other starters to shoulder the load alongside Harvey.

Comment

• Jordany Valdespin optioned to AAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X