No announcement yet.

2k13: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a Yankee fan, I'd propose loaning Sabathia, Cano and Rivera to the Nationals in exchange for promised sign-and-trades when Harper and Strasburg hit free agency.

Comment

I'm not sure Sabathia would crack their rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        I'm not sure Sabathia would crack their rotation.
        And I'm pretty sure that Mo wouldn't want to pitch in middle relief at this stage of his career...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

In an attempt to add new members to the Bronx chapter of the AARP, the Yankees called Derrek Lee to see if he was interested in coming out of retirement (he's not) and are rumored to have "checked in" on Chipper Jones. LOL.

Comment

Ha! I'm pretty sure if Chipper were to come out of retirement it wouldn't be for the Yankees. The Braves apparently beat that drum too and Chipper reportedly wasn't remotely interested.

Comment

One of the local sports talk radio guys was talking about the Yankees and said "the Yankees have Joe Pepitone playing first base now". I couldn't help but laugh.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Yanks signed Ben Francisco, who was released at his request by the Indians. More in the LF mix.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Yankees are in trade talks with the Angels regarding Vernon Wells and a deal "could be done today."
                  Passan adds that "lots of money would go back to New York" in the deal, which, of course, is a given with Wells having $42 million left on his contract. Wells has a full no-trade clause and has embraced a backup role with the Angels, but perhaps he'd be willing to waive it for what would be an uptick in playing time. The 34-year-old would figure to play pretty regularly in left field until Curtis Granderson returns. Wells has batted just .222/.258/.409 over the last two seasons.
                  Source: Jeff Passan on Twitter Mar 24 - 3:32 PM

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Yankees are in trade talks with the Angels regarding Vernon Wells and a deal "could be done today."
                    Passan adds that "lots of money would go back to New York" in the deal, which, of course, is a given with Wells having $42 million left on his contract. Wells has a full no-trade clause and has embraced a backup role with the Angels, but perhaps he'd be willing to waive it for what would be an uptick in playing time. The 34-year-old would figure to play pretty regularly in left field until Curtis Granderson returns. Wells has batted just .222/.258/.409 over the last two seasons.
                    Source: Jeff Passan on Twitter Mar 24 - 3:32 PM
                    Gross.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      Gross.
                      LOL..it really doesn't get any better than this for a non-Yankee fan.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        LOL..it really doesn't get any better than this for a non-Yankee fan.

AL West Twitter feeds are pretty upset right now. Everyone was excited about having Vernon to beat up on.

Seriously, though, Wells is worth keeping an eye on in Yankee Stadium. He could be fantasy relevant again there.

Comment

the Yanks will pay $10m and the Angels $32m. Wells has already cleaned out his locker and should be in pinstripes tomorrow. Wells himself has tweeted that he "is blessed. #pinstripes."

bwahahahahaa

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            the Yanks will pay $10m and the Angels $32m. Wells has already cleaned out his locker and should be in pinstripes tomorrow. Wells himself has tweeted that he "is blessed. #pinstripes."

bwahahahahaa
                            Olney is reporting the Yanks will pay $13 million. Either way, it's a silly move for the Yanks in my opinion, but the more they pay, the dumber it gets.

Comment

age 34, career 106 OPS+, lower than that in 3 of the last 4 years, and he doesn't play CF anymore.

what's not to like?
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Isn't $13 million for two years what Russell Martin wanted but the Yanks wouldn't give him? If so... wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X