Jose Bautista HR Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    and I was questioned here by many for taking Bautista 37th overall in the Fantasy411 mock over guys like Dunn
    Yep. I was definitely one of those guys. Of course, now I'll say "how the heck did you take Pujols over this guy??"unk:

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Yes, it is a nice problem to have.

Of course the other side of it (and maybe a much harder decision) is do we trade him for a boat load and go after 1st place?
      I think that if anybody is trading him, you need to guarantee yourself a title (2-3 studs + 2-3 2nd tier guys) also possibly acquiring lesser keepers.

I've always believed in dealing guys before the point of extending them. Value goes down once players are extended, especially considering injury risk. Ask anybody hanging onto Kendry Morales signed long-term right now.

99% sure I'll hang onto my $8 Bautista though. Currently in first by a wide margin. 95 points, 2nd place is a three-way tie at 73 points. Without Bautista, I'd probably be 20 points lower. He won me a title last year, and he's on the way to doing it again. My mancrush is too great to deal him, especially being a jays fan.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• #14, second-deck, no doubter.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• There's #15.

Comment

• #15, a line shot on an 0-2 count.

This is a serious question. If Bautista nears 60 HR toward the end of the season, do people start talking about him as the new LEGIT HR king? No asterisks here, as far as we know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              He is due for a 2 hr game.
              It took 4 days since I wrote this! Bwa ha ha.

On the other hand you would think I would be better than 5th place with Bautista, Crawford, Hamilton, Morneau, Youkilis, and Joyce? Pitching is not the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                I got Jose hitting 69
                Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Bautista is on the same pace Bonds was in 2001 thus far. 15 HRs thru 1st 32 games played

Comment

• Make it 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow...

You all know I lead the bandwagon for this guy, and even I'm speechless at this point.

By the way, #3 today was another opposite field job.

Comment

• guy is insane
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Why do the Twins even bother pitching to him?

Comment

Why do the Twins even bother pitching to him?
                          No kidding. That they continue to try says something about their relative intelligence, in my opinion.

Comment

Why do the Twins even bother pitching to him?
                            Because 2011 is over for them probably. I thought Bautista would hit maybe 30 this year and the Twins would win 85-88 games...oops and oops.

Comment

Bautista is on the same pace Bonds was in 2001 thus far. 15 HRs thru 1st 32 games played
                              Umm....you mean one ahead.

Comment

• Seriously, why would anyone pitch to him at this point?

Comment

Working...
                                X