Jose Bautista HR Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Seriously, why would anyone pitch to him at this point?
    Because it is Jose Bautista and he can't possibly sta.....oh crap there goes another one!

Comment

It is odd that he isn't getting more intentional walks. 10 last year, 1 so far this year. During Bonds' 4 consecutive MVP years he had 35, 68, 61, and 120 IBB.

If Bautista was being intentionally walked at those rates, he might have a .600 OBP right now. Then again, he'd probably have a few less HR as well.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        It is odd that he isn't getting more intentional walks. 10 last year, 1 so far this year. During Bonds' 4 consecutive MVP years he had 35, 68, 61, and 120 IBB.

If Bautista was being intentionally walked at those rates, he might have a .600 OBP right now. Then again, he'd probably have a few less HR as well.
        Unless of course they only intentionally walked him on those ABs that he would have struck out.

Look up in the sky is it a bird, is it a plane, no it is Jose Bautista!

Comment

Stubbornness. Machismo. Stupidity.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

• ummm...this is NECESSARY! and a 1, a 2, a 3....

Jose Jose Jose Jose hit three home runs today...sing it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              ummm...this is NECESSARY! and a 1, a 2, a 3....

Jose Jose Jose Jose hit three home runs today...sing it!
              I'd actually rather listen to the techno version.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Until he actually hits a bunch against major league pitching, I'm not going to get too excited. He's hit 7 HR's against the AAA Twins so far this season. So he's essentially 4 behind Granderson for the AL lead...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Until he actually hits a bunch against major league pitching, I'm not going to get too excited. He's hit 7 HR's against the AAA Twins so far this season. So he's essentially 4 behind Granderson for the AL lead...
                  you've always been such a Yankee homer ...
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by tranagreg View Post
                    you've always been such a yankee homer ...

lol...:woot:
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      you've always been such a Yankee homer ...
                      This thread is not about Yankee Homers it is about Jose Bautista Homers.

And as long as Bautista homers I am a Bautista Homer. Go Jose Go!!

Comment

• Two fun Bautista tidbits to add:

1) Coming into tonight's game, he has an OPS+ of 284.

2) From september '09 to now, Bautista has 28 more HR than anybody else in baseball.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• After 2 consecutive hitless games, Bautista goes 3-4 with HR #17 (3 run shot), HR #18 (solo shot), and SB #5.

Last season, he hit his 17th and 18th HR's on June 4, so he's still ahead of the pace of last year's 54.

Comment

• Solely because of Bautista, I now fear when my starting pitchers face the Blue Jays, as I do when they face the Red Sox, Phillies or Yanks. I'm beginning to think most SPs are a must-sit when Joey Bats comes to town.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              This literally is the most amazing transformation in the history of baseball.
                              You have obviously forgotten what a young Barry Bonds looked like.
                              拖裤子,
                              放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                Young Barry Bonds was still otherworldly good, even if he was considerably smaller. Younger Jose Bautista was just terrible.
                                Yes, it isn't short-sighted hyperbole to call Jose Bautista's rise from mediocrity to greatness the most remarkable ascent in baseball history. I still can't figure it out. He must have made a deal with the devil. Also, I've said it before, but it bears asking again--why would anyone give him anything decent to hit these days?

Comment

Working...
                                X