Jose Bautista HR Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Bautista HR Count Thread

Follow along as the RJ community tallies the Jose Bautista home runs in 2011.

As of April 3rd, Bautista has 2 HRs. Are you on the bandwagon like Hammer or will you anticipate his demise like ElDiablo? Pick a side and join the fray. The fun has just begun!

This thread is approved by Gregg and was paid for in part, by the Jose Bautista Skills Ownership Joint Commission and by viewers like you.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

I think he'll hit around 35-40 HR this year. Y'all can tell me whether that means I'm "on the bandwagon" or "anticipating his demise".

Comment

I expected him to drop off last September. I think at some point the league will figure out they need to stop throwing him inside fastballs. I still like him to hit 40 though.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I got Jose hitting 69
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I'm going to go in the middle of El-D and Hammer....with 36!

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
            I'm going to go in the middle of El-D and Hammer....with 36!
            ewwwww thats gross
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I'll take 45 HRs - on the wagon.

Comment

I'm on the Bautista bandwagon. I think he'll finish closer to last year's total (54) than to his previous career extrapolated to the same amount of at bats (20). I'd guess around 45 HR this year, if he stays healthy.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I'll go with 35...at some point, they'll just stop pitching to him, or realize that he pulls everthing and throw nothing but 6 inches outside. He's not going to get the Bonds treatment, but it'll be in the ballpark.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'll say it again, Bautista's power is derived from his incredible plate discipline. People expecting the league to figure him out fail to realize that the league already tried to make adjustments against him and failed. His 2nd half last year was even crazier than his first.

I think it's entirely possible his numbers go up this year, especially his BA.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      I'll say it again, Bautista's power is derived from his incredible plate discipline. People expecting the league to figure him out fail to realize that the league already tried to make adjustments against him and failed. His 2nd half last year was even crazier than his first.

Is the leader of a band wagon a band leader or a wagon master?

I think anything over 30 is on the band wagon. I will call 42.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        I think he'll hit around 35-40 HR this year. Y'all can tell me whether that means I'm "on the bandwagon" or "anticipating his demise".
                        I would vote you on the wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

You think that he can hit MORE than 54 homers? Not a chance in hell...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            No, really. He's gone from below average to one of the best hitters in the history of baseball. That's just how good Toronto's coaches are. Yunel Escobar can be expected to hit 40 this year as well.
                            Oooo, I hope you are right. I bought Escobar this year (Bautista last year) so I might be on some type of run.

Comment

Escobar: Very good eye, no power and can't hit a flyball. Don't get your hopes up!

Comment

Working...
                              X