No announcement yet.

Jose Bautista HR Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number 11 tonight. Against that wuss pitcher Lester. Man, that barely counts.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Number 11 tonight. Against that wuss pitcher Lester. Man, that barely counts.
      Lester made him look stupid in the 2nd AB -- nice bounceback

Comment

He is due for a 2 hr game.

Comment

This is on his player page on CBS right now:

Are you ready for this Fantasy owners? Bautista entered play Tuesday with a .524 on-base percentage -- not a typo -- in Toronto's first 35 games. That number ranks fourth in AL history through the same timeframe. He trailed only Paul O'Neill (.563) in 1994 and Ted Williams (.540 and .533) in '57 and '46. That's some pretty elite company. Bautista is showing his 2010 season was no fluke as he remains a must-start Fantasy option.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

He did it again! #12...oh and he went 3 for 4 as well.

Comment

Barry Bonds redux
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

#13 was an opposite field 2-run job in a tie game in the 11th inning.

Name the last player who started off a season with an .800 SLG through his first 140 PA's:

I'm not going to look it up, but I can take a wild guess that he's got 7 MVP's and a giant flaxseed oiled head.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Bautista is now a top 10 pick and quite possibly top 5 for the 2k12 fantasy drafts.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Bautista is now a top 10 pick and quite possibly top 5 for the 2k12 fantasy drafts.
                    Heck, he could drop 150 points in OPS and be the #2 pick on a lot of boards next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Heck, he could drop 150 points in OPS and be the #2 pick on a lot of boards next year.
                      and I was questioned here by many for taking Bautista 37th overall in the Fantasy411 mock over guys like Dunn

Comment

• And some of us will have to make the hard decision as to how many years we want to extend our $4 Bautista. In our league we have a three year maximum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          And some of us will have to make the hard decision as to how many years we want to extend our $4 Bautista. In our league we have a three year maximum.
                          Two years or three years, it would depend on your league parameters and inflation.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            Two years or three years, it would depend on your league parameters and inflation.
                            Yes, it is a nice problem to have.

Of course the other side of it (and maybe a much harder decision) is do we trade him for a boat load and go after 1st place?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              and I was questioned here by many for taking Bautista 37th overall in the Fantasy411 mock over guys like Dunn
                              That's about where I took him in my mixed league, too. I'll readily admit I thought he'd be good - mid 30s HRs, 100-100 R/RBI - but I surely didn't expect he'd turn into the missile hitting monster he is right now. I bumped him up my draft board because, well, 3B just sucked overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                That's about where I took him in my mixed league, too. I'll readily admit I thought he'd be good - mid 30s HRs, 100-100 R/RBI - but I surely didn't expect he'd turn into the missile hitting monster he is right now. I bumped him up my draft board because, well, 3B just sucked overall.
                                Yep, w/o the 3B eligibility I wouldn't have taken him 37th but given the position and his potential, it was easily worth the risk.

Comment

Working...
                                X