No announcement yet.

*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow ... just got double diablo'd. Fuck. Pain.

Didn't think anyone else would have even thought about The Stone Roses so soon. Been listening to that record a lot in the last year after seeing them live (they were surprisingly brilliant). The whole record is great, but I can listen to the last 4 tracks on repeat for hours on end.

Great pick

Comment

• I own the Stone Roses album but i never really listened to the whole album.. I remember liking it though.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Not even a chuckle for my Rolling Stone review? Screw you guys, I'm my own best audience.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          Not even a chuckle for my Rolling Stone review? Screw you guys, I'm my own best audience.
          I was just reading it and got a good laugh
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Wow ... just got double diablo'd. Fuck. Pain.

Didn't think anyone else would have even thought about The Stone Roses so soon. Been listening to that record a lot in the last year after seeing them live (they were surprisingly brilliant). The whole record is great, but I can listen to the last 4 tracks on repeat for hours on end.

Great pick
            It was in my "high" tier from the get-go, mainly because you're in the draft.

Obviously it didn't have the impact in the US that it did in the UK, but amongst a certain subset of US college kids in the early '90s, it was a HUGE deal. It was played at many a party I went to.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• To answer DMT's question: Because Billy Corgan is an assclown.

Great record, though, was on my list.

Comment

• was starting to think Siamese Dream would make it to me...
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  To answer DMT's question: Because Billy Corgan is an assclown.

Great record, though, was on my list.
                  Sure, but if assclownery was a disqualifier, we'd have a much smaller draft pool.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    was starting to think Siamese Dream would make it to me...
                    Sorry, had to be strategic with this one.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• "...take this, lose that"

=

Take In Utero, lose Siamese Dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Sure, but if assclownery was a disqualifier, we'd have a much smaller draft pool.
                        He's in his own special category of assclown.

Comment

• I was hoping for Pretty Hate Machine and Siamese Dream as my next two picks
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                            4.04 The Dead Milkmen - Big Lizard in my Backyard

Much of the following text is from a Rolling Stone review:
                            Bruce Springsteen described the beginning of "Tiny Town," the opening song on Big Lizard in My Backyard, as the "snare shot that sounded like somebody'd kicked open the door to your mind." Folk singer Phil Ochs was even more rhapsodic about the LP: "It's impossibly good... How can a human mind do this?"
                            Wait a minute, Phil Ochs died in 1976, I don't think he said that.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              Wait a minute, Phil Ochs died in 1976, I don't think he said that.
                              I dreamed I saw Phil Ochs last night......

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• frak, that makes the triple Diablo....I'm listening to track 14 (Somethings Wrong) of Psychocandy right now!

Comment

Working...
                                X