X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I hope ITC is taking notes ... this is how you win tounrey's
    You talkin' to me?
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• So I was dealt A-2 off-suit in middle position. Had an early raiser (3x BB). I folded and it has folded around to the BB. I feel good about my action, but hate not seeing a flop with an A at this point, but being out of position I folded.

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.

Comment

• Easy fold... Good play
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Now I have A-9 off-suit in early position...seems like I fold again, but I really want to raise it up.

Comment

• so I'm in atlantic city tonight... I buy into a $1/$2 cash game with $300. I'm up a bit early, then go card dead... When I do get mediocre cards, suited connectors or small pairs, I never hit a flop. I nit up and fold fold fold for hours. Now I'm down a decent bit. I win a hand or two finally and get close to even again, maybe down $60 or so. I get dealt K-10 of clubs on the button. There's a few limps and then a guy who has been raising all night with anything pumps it up to 15. I'm about to fold but he's loose and I'm in position, so I decide to call. Folds around to first to act who calls, everyone else folds.

Flop comes K J 10 all hearts. I've got two pair. Both players check and I decide I want to win here before another heart shows. I bet $50 into a $45 pot. the first girl thinks... thinks, then calls me. I hope she's drawing to the nut flush, but maybe she has a made hand. The original raiser thinks for twice as long and folds. Turn is the 5 of spades, a complete blank. she checks and I throw in another $50 just over a third of the pot now. She thinks a bit and calls again. Now I think I'm probably in trouble.

The river saves me as I hit one of my 4 outs, the K of spades! She checks again and I shove my remaining $130ish chips. She squishes her face... shrugs and calls. She turns over her ace high flush and I throw down my boat! The whole table ahs at the hand and I rake my second $500ish pot in two trips!

Woohooo!!!!

oh... wait. I look again... she doesn't just have the Ace high flush... she actually has the Ace Queen of hearts... the chick flopped at Royal flush on me! I go bust and lose $300... nearly all of it on one hand.

Luck is a fickle bitch and now I don't have to wonder how much is sucks to lose a hand like that Johnny...
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              so I'm in atlantic city tonight... I buy into a $1/$2 cash game with $300. I'm up a bit early, then go card dead... When I do get mediocre cards, suited connectors or small pairs, I never hit a flop. I nit up and fold fold fold for hours. Now I'm down a decent bit. I win a hand or two finally and get close to even again, maybe down $60 or so. I get dealt K-10 of clubs on the button. There's a few limps and then a guy who has been raising all night with anything pumps it up to 15. I'm about to fold but he's loose and I'm in position, so I decide to call. Folds around to first to act who calls, everyone else folds.

Flop comes K J 10 all hearts. I've got two pair. Both players check and I decide I want to win here before another heart shows. I bet $50 into a $45 pot. the first girl thinks... thinks, then calls me. I hope she's drawing to the nut flush, but maybe she has a made hand. The original raiser thinks for twice as long and folds. Turn is the 5 of spades, a complete blank. she checks and I throw in another $50 just over a third of the pot now. She thinks a bit and calls again. Now I think I'm probably in trouble.

The river saves me as I hit one of my 4 outs, the K of spades! She checks again and I shove my remaining $130ish chips. She squishes her face... shrugs and calls. She turns over her ace high flush and I throw down my boat! The whole table ahs at the hand and I rake my second $500ish pot in two trips!

Woohooo!!!!

oh... wait. I look again... she doesn't just have the Ace high flush... she actually has the Ace Queen of hearts... the chick flopped at Royal flush on me! I go bust and lose $300... nearly all of it on one hand.

Luck is a fickle bitch and now I don't have to wonder how much is sucks to lose a hand like that Johnny...
              Woo ... holy mutha flipper. Sick cooler. Live poker is rigged That is pain, and the double take at the end adds a little extra embarrassment into the mix.

Patient check on the river. The K only really cost you $130 ... do you bet the river if another blank comes? In a MTT it's a check, but a cash game is about press small edges.

Comment

• Wow, did the dealer at least give you a reach-around?
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Any updates?
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• fold... fold... fold... fold... umm... fold.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      fold... fold... fold... fold... umm... fold.
                      I think I have folded more than you...don't even remember the last time I had even a face card.

Comment

• same here..... fold...fold...fold...fold...bet then fold...fold...fold...fold...moved to new table...fold...oh wait AKo raise original raiser $8800. Going to be fun finally getting a hand.
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Other guy has AK also, but diamonds. We both swung and missed and split the pot. I am up to $50950 now.
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• A-6 offsuit in early position. Looks like another fold...

Edit to Add: Guy in front of me jammed...made it easy to fold from there.
                            Last edited by In the Corn; 02-27-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• And then there were 2. Got a KJo. 1 raiser to my raise. I put in 12k more to see the flop and I hit a gut shot straight draw with a 9Q8. I check and raiser puts me all in. I say why not.....turn is another 8 and river is a 3. Other guy had an A8o. Oh well it was fun. Best finish ever for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                                And then there were 2.
                                173 47200 heyelander
                                174 46600 ITCs Running Aces

Places 173 & 174 for RJ...not looking good for crowd.

Comment

Working...
                                X