WRGPT signups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
    I'm stuck right in front of the three biggest stacks at my table. When I saw A-8, I impulsively limped. After that my thought was, "Crap, one of those guys is going to call and this hand could go horribly wrong being out of position. Thankfully, I was able get about $7K out of the hand.
    There was a limp after me, then the Button Raised to 5k, the BB called as did the original limper.
    Flop was: As 7h 5h ? ?

I think I would have had to bet there if it was checked to me but I don't think I'd have any idea where I was in the hand.

added:
    BB just lead out with a $9500 bet. No idea what I would have done.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Well - Im out.... got called by a bigger stack with 86suited. He hit an 8...
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
        Well - Im out.... got called by a bigger stack with 86suited. He hit an 8...
        Ouch. oh well, you made the right play.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

You can still play along with us.

So is it just Piney, heyelander and me left from RJ?
          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Oh I will continue to look in and see whats going on....
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Got your money in as a solid favourite ... you can ask no more.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Got your money in as a solid favourite ... you can ask no more.
                Yep, I just dont like losing......

Comment

• Well, I have A-K offsuit as the dealer. We have had one person, middle position, raise to $8,000.

He has me out chipped, but not by much.

I'm planning on calling. Anyone think I should re-raise?

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.

Comment

Well, I have A-K offsuit as the dealer. We have had one person, middle position, raise to $8,000.

Yes I do.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Well, I have A-K offsuit as the dealer. We have had one person, middle position, raise to $8,000.

Chip stacks? Players left? Average Chip Stack?

You could banzai it and ship on him. At this stage in a low stakes tourney I'd be getting very bored and looking to chip up or get out.

He'll probably call with AQ AJ etc, and as long as he doesn't have AA you're in with a chance, and if he has QQ or lower you're in a straight race.

You got yourself back in it ... maybe it's worth a shot to try and get some serious chips rather than hoping to keep hitting flops? You can't keep hitting the monster hands that have got you back in the game.

Al depends on how you feel. Me ... I'm looking to gamble it up at this stage, and if I think some guy 'aint folding and I''ve a good shot at a domination or race to get a monster stack, I'm taking it.

Comment

• Flat calling is definitely out of the question. You have position and a big hand. Pop to $16 and see what he does.

Comment

• ! Table d8, Hand 140, Day 110

! Un folds
                          ! Ben Irving folds
                          ! ITCs Running Aces is next to act, $7700 to call
                          ! Unlimited raises
                          ! Pot size: $13400
                          ! Next timeout set for Fri, 08 Feb 2013 13:41 PST
                          ! Betting round: 1
                          ! Board: ? ? ? ? ?
                          +-+----------------------------+--------+--------+------+----+--------+
                          |#| Name |Bankroll| Action |Status|Pot#|Pot Size|
                          1| Ben Irving | 69200 | 300 |folded| | |
                          3|D> ITCs Running Aces | 69600 | 300 | | | |
                          4| Sir Barlow | 163675 | 1300 | | | |
                          5| ICBlues | 97250 | 2300 | | | |
                          6| kettledrum | 86075 | 300 |folded| | |
                          7| Non Sequitur | 56525 | 300 |folded| | |
                          8| tired | 76475 | 8000 | | | |
                          9| Emiras | 13925 | 300 |folded| | |
                          10| Un | 32950 | 300 |folded| | |

johnny, I don't know if this helps.

We only have the one guy with a monster stack...everyone else seems pretty bunched up.

I'm a pretty conservative player most of the time, so I like to see flops. I've taken down a few pots at this table by being somewhat aggressive post flop, so I think people see that as my MO.

Comment

• I'm bored and I'm not even playing ... so my thought patterns are chip up or chip out

Calling is a no-no.

You can raise small and look to pot control.

You can put in a bigger raise and put more of a challenge down to your opponent ... but also risk a larger % of your stack.

You can put in a huge raise and play for it all (or win a no-flop 14K pot and move on).

------------

I think with your style, I'd be looking for gambling spots to play huge pots. If you win you get a nice big stack. If you lose, you can make better use of your time

Better to play a 50-50 for a huge pot like this rather than play conservatively, get chipped down, and then like Baldgriff had to do, play a 60-40 for a small pot and his tourney life.

Plus you have lots of fold equity to win nice 14K pot right now (AK is not a made hand yet)

Comment

• Yea if you've been playing conservatively, then a mid-size raise (e.g. to 20K) might be the play to induce your opponent to shove. If you shove right away, he might put you on your monster and fold.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I raise $8000. Folded around to the original raiser. He called.

Flop: 3h 8d 5c

He bet out $12,000. Total whiff for me...this could get expense, or I fold it like a cheap suit.

Comment

Working...
                                X