No announcement yet.

WRGPT signups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unless you've been playing very aggressive, I would check...hope someone takes a stab at it...a bet now will send off warning signs to the other players...this is exactly the type of hand that hits the BB when no one raises them out.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      In SB - first four to act all limp. Short stack of 8k pushes. I have 73 suited - fold..... Interested to see how many callers he gets here.
      LOL!! I would have made a Full House 7s full of 3's......... yeah it means I still did the right thing.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• To answer johnny...

The flop is a rainbow.

As to my personality at the table. I've been tight, but not overly. I've played some hands that I shouldn't have and folded.

The other two guys aren't reckless, but they're more than willing to toss chips.

I'm going to check at this point.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
          To answer johnny...

The flop is a rainbow.

As to my personality at the table. I've been tight, but not overly. I've played some hands that I shouldn't have and folded.

The other two guys aren't reckless, but they're more than willing to toss chips.

I'm going to check at this point.
          Depending on what comes, check calling is probably the best way to squeeze value out of this. It's hard to get action when you have all the cards (and aren't giving action)

If an Ace or a King rolls off on the turn, that'd be nice.

Comment

• Well, the dealer bet $2400. Small blind hasn't played yet, but I'm looking forward to calling him.

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.

Comment

Well, the dealer bet $2400. Small blind hasn't played yet, but I'm looking forward to calling him.
              This is called a good spot

EDIT: sorry thought it was a different hand ...s till an Ok spot though

Just call. No point raising. Milky milky.
              Last edited by johnnya24; 01-26-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Well, the dealer bet $2400. Small blind hasn't played yet, but I'm looking forward to calling him.
                The small blind will likely fold and hopefully a call will get the other player to come along for the ride.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• So we're at the river, board is 2c, 4h, 4d, 9d, Ad.

I have check called the flop and turn. I checked the river and the other guy bet $7200. The pot is at $24400. I'm putting him on two pair. I'm not concerned too much of the flush draw as I don't think he would have continually bet out. I'm thinking of coming over the top for another $7200.

I have $48000. The other guy has $76000.

Thoughts.

Comment

So we're at the river, board is 2c, 4h, 4d, 9d, Ad.

I have check called the flop and turn. I checked the river and the other guy bet $7200. The pot is at $24400. I'm putting him on two pair. I'm not concerned too much of the flush draw as I don't think he would have continually bet out. I'm thinking of coming over the top for another $7200.

I have $48000. The other guy has $76000.

Thoughts.
                    The ace ... hmmm

I suppose he could have been bluffing with A high and then hit 2 pair on the river ... and he thinks he has some value when you check. You might get that hand to call.

A complete bluff is a large % of his range, and as such he can't call a raise, therefore there is no value in raising ... his 7200 bet is strong ... it's a size that wants a call. If he shipped the river, or made a huge bet I'd probably find it much easier to call. That size bet is more polarizing ... seems like either a last ditch bluff (maybe rep'ing the Ace) or a big hand that wants value.

He probably has an ace or is rep'ing an ace. These are the hands that you go bust in. Your hand is strong, but fallible, and you need to be careful not to overvalue it.

If you raise, you have to be good enough to fold if he re-re-raises or shoves on you. Being good a NLHE is ultimately about being able to make big lay downs ... you can lose money far quicker than you can make it.

I think I'm just calling. We've had to play it weak, we don't know where the hell we stand. I'm taking a nice pot and moving on. (edit: I'm "hopefully" taking a nice pot )
                    Last edited by johnnya24; 01-27-2013, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the help guys. Took down a nice pot.

! Table c3, Hand 112, Day 98

! ITCs Running Aces calls
                      +-+----------------------------+--------+--------+------+----+--------+
                      |#| Name |Bankroll| Action |Status|Pot#|Pot Size|
                      1| Jim Sokoloff | 58750 | 1400 |folded| | |
                      2| ITCs Running Aces | 34800 | 14600 | | | |
                      3| Johan Blixt | 11700 | 200 |folded| | |
                      4| Henry Sirola | 82650 | 200 |folded| | |
                      5| Paul Hempseed | 59950 | 200 |folded| | |
                      7| beetlejes | 36000 | 200 |folded| | |
                      8| Stanley Chow | 140950 | 200 |folded| | |
                      9|D> JRHaggs | 75975 | 14600 | | | |
                      ! History of this hand:
                      ! 01/24/13 11:16:41! Dealing a new hand
                      ! 01/24/13 11:16:41! Everyone antes $200
                      ! 01/24/13 11:16:41! Jim Sokoloff blinds $600
                      ! 01/24/13 11:16:41! ITCs Running Aces blinds $1200
                      ! 01/24/13 11:18:37! Johan Blixt folds
                      ! 01/25/13 05:47:42! Henry Sirola folds
                      ! 01/25/13 15:02:02! Paul Hempseed folds
                      ! 01/25/13 15:02:02! beetlejes folds
                      ! 01/25/13 15:02:02! Stanley Chow folds
                      ! 01/25/13 15:48:52! JRHaggs calls
                      ! 01/25/13 17:17:36! Jim Sokoloff calls
                      ! 01/25/13 17:56:20! ITCs Running Aces checks

! 01/25/13 17:56:20! Pot right ($5200), flopping/dealing/drawing cards
                      ! 01/25/13 17:56:20! 3 players
                      ! 01/25/13 17:56:20! Flopped cards: 2h 4c 4d
                      ! 01/25/13 19:29:35! Jim Sokoloff checks
                      ! 01/26/13 10:36:31! ITCs Running Aces checks
                      ! 01/26/13 12:59:38! JRHaggs bets $2400
                      ! 01/26/13 17:23:39! Jim Sokoloff folds
                      ! 01/26/13 17:46:23! ITCs Running Aces calls

! 01/26/13 17:46:23! Pot right ($10000), flopping/dealing/drawing cards
                      ! 01/26/13 17:46:23! 2 players
                      ! 01/26/13 17:46:23! Flopped card: 9d
                      ! 01/26/13 20:32:38! ITCs Running Aces checks
                      ! 01/26/13 20:49:40! JRHaggs bets $3600
                      ! 01/26/13 21:15:14! ITCs Running Aces calls

! 01/26/13 21:15:14! Pot right ($17200), flopping/dealing/drawing cards
                      ! 01/26/13 21:15:14! 2 players
                      ! 01/26/13 21:15:14! Flopped card: Ad
                      ! 01/26/13 21:16:26! ITCs Running Aces checks
                      ! 01/27/13 14:28:47! JRHaggs bets $7200
                      ! 01/27/13 19:11:18! ITCs Running Aces calls
                      ! Hand over, current board is: 2h 4c 4d 9d Ad
                      ! ITCs Running Aces has: 4s 3c
                      ! JRHaggs has: Ah 10c
                      ! ITCs Running Aces wins $31600 (net $17000) with Three of a Kind (4 4 4 A 9)
                      |#| Name |Bankroll| Action |Status|Pot#|Pot Size|
                      1|D Jim Sokoloff | 58750 | | | | |
                      2| ITCs Running Aces | 66400 | | | | |
                      3| Johan Blixt | 11700 | | | | |
                      4| Henry Sirola | 82650 | | | | |
                      5| Paul Hempseed | 59950 | | | | |
                      7| beetlejes | 36000 | | | | |
                      8| Stanley Chow | 140950 | | | | |
                      9|> JRHaggs | 75975 | | | | |

Comment

• very nice. nice for him to hit that A on the river!
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          very nice. nice for him to hit that A on the river!
                          He definately thought he was ahead. I think it was right to check the river ... I was thinking for a minute that it might be worth hoping that he hit the ace and betting out ... but I think bluff is still the biggest part of his range ... may as well let him bluff off if he has nothing.

He almost got the max out of that situation. A small check raise on the river would probably have worked ... but only if ITC can fold his set to a shove.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            He definately thought he was ahead. I think it was right to check the river ... I was thinking for a minute that it might be worth hoping that he hit the ace and betting out ... but I think bluff is still the biggest part of his range ... may as well let him bluff off if he has nothing.

He almost got the max out of that situation. A small check raise on the river would probably have worked ... but only if ITC can fold his set to a shove.
                            I thought long and hard about raising. I also had him pegged for 2 pair at best, so I wouldn't have folded if he would have shoved. If he had beaten me, I wouldn't have felt bad.

Comment

I thought long and hard about raising. I also had him pegged for 2 pair at best, so I wouldn't have folded if he would have shoved. If he had beaten me, I wouldn't have felt bad.
                              If you raised and he shoved there is zero chance he had 2 pair. A shove takes 2 pair out of the equation. 2 pair would fold or reluctantly call your check-raise every time. A shove would have meant a monster (straight, flush, full house or set with K kicker), or nothing.

It would be a nuts or nothing spot, and it's probably a fold unless you have information to the contrary (that the opponent is a complete fish or a complete maniac). You cannot beat anything that can legitimately make that move except a bluff.

Comment

• this brings me to something I wonder about... Whenever I'm watching poker on TV, invariably the announcer says at some point "He knows he can't win the pot here if he checks" or something of the sort. It makes me feel like every pot is winnable if I just make the right bet, but that's insane. It's right to just let pots go, right?
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X