Affordable Health Care Law under review by SCOTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Showing once again that Politicians DON"T represent us in any way, shape or form. The GOP in the Senate is trying to sneak the ACHA past without hearings, joining the house in purging Obamacare from the books. This despite the CBO scores, the lack of coverage for millions more people, and finally, a FOX News poll that indicates that only 17% of Americans approve of the AHCA, and 62% disapprove. Almost 2/3rds of the nation doesn't want this, but unless a few GOP Senators cross the aisle, it's gonna happen.
    Who's up for re-election in 2018? Those are the ones likely to vote it down because if they don't, the Democratic controlled senate will just undo it in 2019.......
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Who's up for re-election in 2018? Those are the ones likely to vote it down because if they don't, the Democratic controlled senate will just undo it in 2019.......
      Not good for the Dems...they have 23 seats up for re-election and the GOP has only 8 seats up. For the Dems to control the Senate after '18 would really be something close to a miracle.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Showing once again that Politicians DON"T represent us in any way, shape or form. The GOP in the Senate is trying to sneak the ACHA past without hearings, joining the house in purging Obamacare from the books. This despite the CBO scores, the lack of coverage for millions more people, and finally, a FOX News poll that indicates that only 17% of Americans approve of the AHCA, and 62% disapprove. Almost 2/3rds of the nation doesn't want this, but unless a few GOP Senators cross the aisle, it's gonna happen.
        source? AFAIK the house bill was DOA in the senate.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          source? AFAIK the house bill was DOA in the senate.
          I'll do the heavy lifting for you...

Having learned from their colleagues in the House that the best way — possibly the only way — to pass a grossly unpopular healthcare repeal bill is to hide the details, the Senate GOP used the cover of the Comey hearing Thursday to move the repeal along.

While the eyes of political wonks across Washington, D.C., and the nation were glued to telecasts of former FBI Director James Comey’s testimony about his closed-door encounters with President Trump, Senate Republicans worked to fast-track their version of the American Health Care Act, the measure to repeal the Affordable Care Act that was passed by the House GOP on May 4.

On Wednesday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., invoked Senate Rule 14, which allows a bill to bypass committee consideration and be brought to the floor for a vote. That means no hearings and no debate, and improves the prospect of a vote before the Senate leaves Washington for its August recess.

We're not even going to have a hearing on a bill that impacts one-sixth of our economy.
          Having learned from their colleagues in the House that the best way — possibly the only way — to pass a grossly unpopular healthcare repeal bill is to hide the details, the Senate GOP used the cover of the Comey hearing Thursday to move the repeal along.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I'll do the heavy lifting for you
            i know it's really hard for you to include a link. You'd better take a nap now.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

i know it's really hard for you to include a link. You'd better take a nap now.
              Easier for me to do than watch you whine for 3 pages that nobody will do it for you.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Easier for me to do than watch you whine for 3 pages that nobody will do it for you.
                nighty night hornsy. Do you need me to tuck you in?

Comment

nighty night hornsy. Do you need me to tuck you in?
                  Are you related to Trump? he's kind of a dick too.............
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'd have a job in the white house if I were.

Maybe I do.

Comment

They're alike in that they both revel in their ignorance and laziness...such is life.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

They're alike in that they both revel in their ignorance and laziness...such is life.
                        You need to go back to bed, obviously still tired after all that heavy lifting.

Comment

• Well worth the 3 minutes...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• CBB response...........gnight Felicia.

What was telling about that clip is that these guys are having their BS fed to them by interns. Hatch couldn't even answer the damn question.

Lift this bitch.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So Iowa is quite concerned they won't even have one insurance provider for their health exchange in 2018.

From the article:
                              In addition to Iowa and some counties in other states without an insurer, several states appear to be down to one insurer for next year including Alaska, Alabama, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Wyoming.

Blue Cross-Blue Shield plans in Alabama and Oklahoma have both indicated they intend to return, but that could change over the next few months as insurers get a better sense for their customer base and finalize their plans for next year.
                              The ACA continues to show more and more cracks. I'm not in favor of what the Republicans are peddling, either.

Health Insurance will be the great undoing of America. It's killing every small business owner I know.
                              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Here is an interesting conundrum.

One insurance provider has a monopoly on a state and still cant make it profitable enough so they want to pull out, or just continue raising rates.

Whats worse is that the individuals of that state are compelled to purchase insurance from them, and now it may become possible that citizens will be out of compliance because no one is compelled to provide them the insurance they are required to have.....
                                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Working...
                                X