Affordable Health Care Law under review by SCOTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    I'm fortunate I have good insurance, yet I'm now $575 in the hole in order to be told I'm likely going to need a shoulder surgery. $80 in appointments and $495 to pay for my share of the doctor-ordered MRI.
    that sounds pretty normal. Whats the problem?
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      I'm so excited to find out how they plan to pay for this!
      If we threw a 25 cent gas tax we could pay for everything. We could also try a 1 cent sales tax. We are California, we generate so much money we can do anything
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Wouldnt adding a 25 cent gas tax negatively effect the poorer people more than the richer people? That quarter represents more of their overall income than the rich guy making 6 figures?
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          If we threw a 25 cent gas tax we could pay for everything. We could also try a 1 cent sales tax. We are California, we generate so much money we can do anything
          Gas tax is the most regressive tax in America. How can a good liberal support that.
          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Would 1% really raise $400B/yr? Or $200B/yr if they get the medicaid waiver?
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              Wouldnt adding a 25 cent gas tax negatively effect the poorer people more than the richer people? That quarter represents more of their overall income than the rich guy making 6 figures?
              anyone???
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                Gas tax is the most regressive tax in America. How can a good liberal support that.
                Because dragging people out of their SUVs and shaking them down for spare change is apparently frowned upon.......
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Because dragging people out of their SUVs and shaking them down for spare change is apparently frowned upon.......
                  yeah but your also shaking down the guy driving a 1976 Pinto.

Comment

yeah but your also shaking down the guy driving a 1976 Pinto.
                    We're saving him from self immolation.....
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I would think that the poor have a higher percent of usage of public transport or riding bicycles to work. Gas tax wouldnt be enough in any case I dont think but could be part of a multi front effort. Single payer health insurance will be the end result at some point, just maybe not in our lifetimes that we join the rest of the industrialized nations on the planet to meet that most basic need.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                        If it pays for health care it is a net positive for the poor
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

anyone???
                          How about a 1% payroll tax?

Comment

How about a 1% payroll tax?
                            Ohh, so now all of the people making $15 minimum wage now have to give up 1% every year to the government to pay for healthcare?? Why didnt we just make it $20 to make sure they could afford the healthcare cost.

Doesnt that 1% tax constitute more affect to the poor person, rather than the rich person.

Flat taxes are regressive because they hurt the poor more than the rich because the rich guy has more.............. blah blah blah....

Im being a bit facetious here - but honestly I get a kick (and frsstrated) when I hear many on the left say how regressive a flat tax plan is, then turn around and use some type of taxation - be it 1% payroll or 25cents/gallon gas or some other flatly instituted tax structure to pay for healthcare. You can have it both ways if you want, just understand that there is some inconsistency there.

Comment

Ohh, so now all of the people making $15 minimum wage now have to give up 1% every year to the government to pay for healthcare?? Why didnt we just make it $20 to make sure they could afford the healthcare cost.

Doesnt that 1% tax constitute more affect to the poor person, rather than the rich person.

Flat taxes are regressive because they hurt the poor more than the rich because the rich guy has more.............. blah blah blah....

Im being a bit facetious here - but honestly I get a kick (and frsstrated) when I hear many on the left say how regressive a flat tax plan is, then turn around and use some type of taxation - be it 1% payroll or 25cents/gallon gas or some other flatly instituted tax structure to pay for healthcare. You can have it both ways if you want, just understand that there is some inconsistency there.
                              Honestly, if we could close the loopholes and reconstitute corporations into the Tax revenue stream and then require employers to provide living wages in step with Cost of living in the area they exist, we wouldn't have to do much else.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Honestly, if we could close the loopholes and reconstitute corporations into the Tax revenue stream and then require employers to provide living wages in step with Cost of living in the area they exist, we wouldn't have to do much else.
                                Back to my contention that government doesnt do thing very well..... They are a for profit organization that can tell you how much they take from you or someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X