Affordable Health Care Law under review by SCOTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    They are going to walk away, but they are still going to be racist... you need them to stand there and listen to you. I don't like listening to you and I fuckin' agree with you most of the time.
    I am not worried about them standing next to a KKK member. I am worried about them standing next to someone no more racist than they are and shouting, "You're racist." They've been getting their way like that for a generation or more.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Yeah you're right.
    I guess asking people to care about others as they care for themselves is just too much..................
    You never have asked that. That might be--*gasp*--reasonable.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

They are going to walk away, but they are still going to be racist... you need them to stand there and listen to you. I don't like listening to you and I fuckin' agree with you most of the time.
      I disagree (no surprise) Those we can't convince to change we need to shame to change or pint out for others to engage to change--BUT they need to change--Otherwise why do we engage in diverse conversation at all?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        I am not worried about them standing next to a KKK member. I am worried about them standing next to someone no more racist than they are and shouting, "You're racist." They've been getting their way like that for a generation or more.

J
        What the hell are you saying?
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          What the hell are you saying?
          I am saying that yelling, "You racist." is bullying. It's also a standard Democratic tactic.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          It's wrong, let them know and if it's vitriolic, well then they deserve it.
          This is excusing bullying.

J
          Last edited by onejayhawk; 06-21-2017, 12:07 AM.
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Otherwise why do we engage in diverse conversation at all?
            we don't.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

we don't.
              you are correct.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I am saying that yelling, "You racist." is bullying. It's also a standard Democratic tactic.

This is excusing bullying.

J
                It's not bullying to say_-don't fuck a child in the ass.

It's a decent person trying to prevent an atrocity.

Saying Don';t be a racist is being decent, arguing against it is frankly, being an POS. Unless someone in here wants to argue that being racist is ok...................

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Unless someone in here wants to argue that being racist is ok...................
                  This unsubtle accusation is an example of bullying, unless someone here wants to argue bullying is OK...

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

This unsubtle accusation is an example of bullying, unless someone here wants to argue bullying is OK...

J

Are you mental?

There is no bullying of a racist. They're crap, they should be shamed If they could be locked in a prison they should be

Are you saying they shouldn't be? That They should be allowed to spew their hate That you AGREE with them?

yes their bullshit is protected by the constitution, but what they say--if you agree/protect it should be ashamed of yourself.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Are you mental?

There is no bullying of a racist. They're crap, they should be shamed If they could be locked in a prison they should be

Are you saying they shouldn't be? That They should be allowed to spew their hate That you AGREE with them?

yes their bullshit is protected by the constitution, but what they say--if you agree/protect it should be ashamed of yourself.
                      Slow down. Who said anything about bullying a racist? Not me. You are the one finding racists in thin air.

Calling someone a racist, when they are not, is bullying. That's a high standard, so we search for a more practical standard, say yours. That is to say, someone no more racist than you. You accused someone of racism that was no more racist than you are. That is bullying.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Slow down. Who said anything about bullying a racist? Not me. You are the one finding racists in thin air.

Calling someone a racist, when they are not, is bullying. That's a high standard, so we search for a more practical standard, say yours. That is to say, someone no more racist than you. You accused someone of racism that was no more racist than you are. That is bullying.

J
                        You need to pay attention.

I never said call someone a Racist out of thin air, I said shaming someone who is EXPLICITLY demonstrating or vocalizing racist views is what we should be doing.

I'm sure you agree.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You need to pay attention.

I never said call someone a Racist out of thin air, I said shaming someone who is EXPLICITLY demonstrating or vocalizing racist views is what we should be doing.

I'm sure you agree.
                          I'm sure that shaming is bullying.

I am not sure that you would reserve shaming for racists. For example, I think you would shame someone for supporting Trump even though that is far short of, "EXPLICITLY demonstrating or vocalizing racist views." The chances are good that the Trump supporter is no more racist than you are.

Yes, you have found racists in thin air. You did it in this thread and I quoted it back to you.

J
                          Last edited by onejayhawk; 06-21-2017, 01:26 AM.
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Yeah, the ACA, or Obamacare, was miserable failure. All it managed to do was drop the uninsured rate to a historic low, and slow spending on Health Care to it's slowest rate in 50 years...

I'm sure that the AHCA, which President Cheeto described as "mean" will do much better. Oh that's right, nobody is allowed to see the Senate bill...
                            Last edited by Hornsby; 06-21-2017, 08:37 AM.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Almost every other developed nation has national health care, why can't we? we do for the aged, and they are the worst people to insure
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                                Almost every other developed nation has national health care, why can't we? we do for the aged, and they are the worst people to insure
                                Because the Insurance and Pharma lobbies control congress.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X