No announcement yet.

Affordable Health Care Law under review by SCOTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now the DNC votes to reject the inclusion of single payer into their platform, continuing their recent tradition of having no balls and excluding, once again, most of those who supported/support Sanders and his ideals.

Looks like the GOP should have no problem hanging onto congress in 2018.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      And now the DNC votes to reject the inclusion of single payer into their platform, continuing their recent tradition of having no balls and excluding, once again, most of those who supported/support Sanders and his ideals.

Looks like the GOP should have no problem hanging onto congress in 2018.
      The handwriting was on the wall. ACA has become the albatross around their neck. Single payer was supposed to have followed from it, thus is discredited for another generation. As it is, ACA will be the anchor pulling down Obama's memory.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        The handwriting was on the wall. ACA has become the albatross around their neck. Single payer was supposed to have followed from it, thus is discredited for another generation. As it is, ACA will be the anchor pulling down Obama's memory.

J
        All four sentences that you typed above are incorrect. Are you aware that the ACA is now quite popular? It is now polling in the 52-55% favorable range. And the polling for single payer has also increased by 12% in the past year. And of course, Obama's favorability and popularity are going through the roof.

Comment

• I am aware that ACA was badly conceived, slapped together from incompatible parts using Elmers glue and left in the rain to fall apart. The implementation was worse. It will be remembered as huge negative, hence an anchor.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            In and of itself, his constant bashing of the ACA and his insistence that it's not helping people, but instead hurting them has taken a toll. He's also done thing like order HHS to cancel ads leading up to the open enrolment period. Weakened enforcement of the individual mandate. Told individual states that they can apply for waivers modifying O-Care and Medicare. They all add up to enough to weaken the ACA to the point where it is actually in danger of imploding.

My eldest son was one of those who complained, and wouldn't pay, for insurance. After 2 years of doing so, he found out he had Crohn's Disease because he lost 85 pounds. He signed up for insurance this year, and is not receiving treatments twice a month. He's feeling good, gaining weight back, and now scared that his insurance is going to go away. He's one of millions of such stories.

BTW, with all of the misinformation about what is and isn't covered, he's what Minnesota does.

MinnesotaCare coverage

MinnesotaCare coverage usually begins the month after you pay your premium. You get services through a health plan. You can choose your health plan from those available in the county where you live.

The specific benefit set that you qualify for determines:

Which health care services are covered
            If there are any limits on coverage
            What you have to pay, if anything
            You can also print a summary of covered services (PDF) that includes both Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare.

What services are covered?
            This is a summary of services covered by MinnesotaCare. This list does not include all covered services.

Alcohol and drug treatment
            Chiropractic care
            Dental care (limited for non-pregnant adults)
            Doctor/clinic visits
            Emergency room (ER) care
            Eyeglasses
            Family planning services
            Hearing aids
            Home care
            Hospice care
            Hospital services (inpatient and outpatient)
            Immunizations and vaccines
            Interpreter services
            Lab and X-ray
            Licensed birth center services
            Medical equipment and supplies
            Medical transportation (access, ambulance and special) for children under 21; emergency ambulance only for adults
            Mental health care
            Nursing homes and ICF-DD facilities for children under 21 only
            Outpatient surgery
            Personal care assistance (PCA) for children under 21 only
            Prescriptions and Medication Therapy Management
            Rehabilitative therapy
            Urgent care
            Some services or prescriptions may require prior approval from your health plan.

For details, call your health plan's member services or refer to your health plan Evidence of Coverage.

Deductible and copays

There are no copays or deductibles for children under 21.

Adults have the following deductible and copays:

$2.95 monthly deductible
            $6 or $20 copay for prescription drugs, up to $60 per month (no copay for some mental health drugs)
            $15 copay on nonpreventive visits (no copay for mental health visits)
            $25 copay for eyeglasses
            $25 copay per visit for radiology services
            $25 copay per visit for outpatient hospital visits
            $50 copay for ambulatory surgery
            $50 copay for ER visits (except those that lead to an inpatient admission)
            $150 per inpatient hospital admission
            You must pay your copay directly to your provider. Some providers require that you pay the copay when you arrive for medical service.

For details, call your health plan's member services or refer to your health plan Evidence of Coverage.

What services are NOT covered?

Artificial ways to become pregnant, including in vitro fertilization and fertility drugs
            Autopsy
            Cosmetic surgery
            Dental services deemed to be cosmetic or not medically necessary
            Gender-reassignment surgery
            Investigational or experimental medications or devices
            Medical cannabis
            Medications used for weight loss or erectile dysfunction
            Missed appointments
            Vocational or educational services

https://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/a...e-coverage.jsp
            Horns -

This is exactly why people say there is fake news. I'm going to allow you some time to put some context on what MinnesotaCare is so people know what you're son is getting.

On another, more important note, I'm glad your son is feeling better and getting the treatment he needs at a reasonable cost.
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

J
              onejay -

You're wrong about this. Single-payer will be the law of the land in less than 10 years.

And the anchor that will pull Obama done as we get further away from his presidency will be his foreign policy, especially his lack of action on Russia meddling in our elections.
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                onejay -

You're wrong about this. Single-payer will be the law of the land in less than 10 years.

And the anchor that will pull Obama done as we get further away from his presidency will be his foreign policy, especially his lack of action on Russia meddling in our elections.
                Here's my question...what is going to be the grounds for the criticism that Obama failed to take enough action? There were the largely symbolic sanctions...kicking out the 'diplomats', closing the compounds, applying some economic measures...plus the direct warnings and the planning for planting the 'cyber-bombs'. From what we can tell, the direct confrontation of Putin in September in China stopped further Russian attacks, but at that point the hacking had been done and it was only a matter of the material being released. So, what other actions should the White House have taken?

Given what the White House knew, which was that Putin was trying to swing the election in favor of Trump, what would have happened if the administration had come forth and said the Russians were cheating to help Trump win? Would anyone have believed it, or would it have been portrayed as a desperate and pathetic attempt to salvage a victory for Hillary?

Should we have taken military action against Russia? More economic sanctions? U.N. resolutions? How would the White House have explained any of this to the country?

A cyber response was an option, which is what the administration was planning when Obama's term ended.

What are some actions he should have taken, but let us down by failing to take?
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Horns -

This is exactly why people say there is fake news. I'm going to allow you some time to put some context on what MinnesotaCare is so people know what you're son is getting.

On another, more important note, I'm glad your son is feeling better and getting the treatment he needs at a reasonable cost.
                  I'm not following you...what would be fake news about coverage pulled directly from the MinnCare website?

My son has to go in every two weeks for an IV, followed with a daily dose of medication. He's somewhat subsidized, but not to a great extent...his insurance covers the vast majority of his treatment costs. I can ask him to get further details...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

onejay -

It's hard to argue against Obama's foreign policy being the biggest negative factor. Still, ACA is in the race.

@RF, two words--Neville Chamberlain

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

It's hard to argue against Obama's foreign policy being the biggest negative factor. Still, ACA is in the race.

@RF, two words--Neville Chamberlain

J
                      You are hilarious.
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

onejay -

Yeah, I think so as well. Especially if they repeal and don't replace, which is almost certain to happen. (The "don't replace" part, that is.)
                        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• If you mean state plans for all 50 states in 10 years, dream on. California is having trouble with the bottom line.

As to Washington, you have more faith in the next generation of Democratic leadership than I do. I said a generation, by which I meant 20+ years, but it might be never. What you might get is single payer basic care and possibly catastrophic care. That combination is doable, but Democrats refused to consider it in 2009. In any event, it would not count.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

If you mean state plans for all 50 states in 10 years, dream on. California is having trouble with the bottom line.

As to Washington, you have more faith in the next generation of Democratic leadership than I do. I said a generation, by which I meant 20+ years, but it might be never. What you might get is single payer basic care and possibly catastrophic care. That combination is doable, but Democrats refused to consider it in 2009. In any event, it would not count.

J
                            California isn't having trouble with the bottom line, it's having trouble with people in power returning favors to the Pharma and Insurance Companies for campaign donations.

But you'd know that if you actually put some time into reading what is what in healthcare in Calif.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              California isn't having trouble with the bottom line, it's having trouble with people in power returning favors to the Pharma and Insurance Companies for campaign donations.

But you'd know that if you actually put some time into reading what is what in healthcare in Calif.
                              That's one way to spin it. Just recognize the spin for what it is.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

That's one way to spin it. Just recognize the spin for what it is.

J
                                How is it spin, tell me exactly what your take is back it with articles, facts and something other then your opinion.

TYVM

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X