No announcement yet.

March Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well this is why they call it madness. Congrats Lehigh and Ohio!

Comment

OU...OH YEAH! Way to go Cats. Bring on the Bulls and a possible Sweet 16 run!

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        University of New Mexico Lobos back in the tourney, led by stellar inside man Drew Gordon. Bet you wish you still had Gordon, eh UCLA?
        Carlino, Moser, and Gordon just to name a few. Sigh.

We weren't even good enough to go to the NIT. Can't wait for next year when Kyle Anderson and Jordan Adams get to Westwood.

Comment

Baylor and Colorado were playing a nice tight fistfight of a game, then Baylor ran off and hid. Woof. Winner of Lehigh and Xavier up next, then probably Kentucky. Funny how the death march has not materialized.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Congrats to Ohio U. for their win. I'm sure Frae is stoked.

Congrats to the entire state of Ohio for taking up 1/4 of the Sweet 16. That's just sick.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
              Congrats to Ohio U. for their win. I'm sure Frae is stoked.

Congrats to the entire state of Ohio for taking up 1/4 of the Sweet 16. That's just sick.
              Stoked doesn't even begin to describe it. I am 100% aware that playing UNC even without Marshall seems like a game Ohio is very unlikely to win, but boy is it going to be fun to watch. OU...Oh Yeah!

Comment

Kansas survived a dreadful game, but the hardwired defense bailed them out. Purdue's Hummel almost became another in the list out senior super heroes. Ugly game.

For reasons know only to God and ESPN, various people are favoring poor North Carolina State. Pite the Pack.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

So close. I am spent having watched that. Plenty of things about OU's offense to complain about tonight, but their effort was great. If Offut makes that FT who knows. It was a fun run, OU, Oh yeah!

Comment

We had a couple of good ones today. I caught the tail end of the Florida v Louisville game. If I had actually filled out a bracket, that region would have wrecked it. The second game was exactly what you would expect from two former #1 teams. The Big 10 out physicalled the Big East. Go figure.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I'd forgotten who I'd picked in the Liz Hurley bracket league.

Turns out I'm doing pretty well, here are my "Elite 8" picks:
                      Ohio State over Syracuse
                      Louisville over Florida
                      Kentucky over Duke
                      Kansas over North Carolina

Among my other lucky picks were Ohio U and NC State both to the Sweet 16
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                        I'd forgotten who I'd picked in the Liz Hurley bracket league.

Turns out I'm doing pretty well, here are my "Elite 8" picks:
                        Ohio State over Syracuse
                        Louisville over Florida
                        Kentucky over Duke
                        Kansas over North Carolina

Among my other lucky picks were Ohio U and NC State both to the Sweet 16
                        Wow, 7/8 and now 2 for 2 you've got to be among the national leaders, right? Who did you pick to win it?
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Wow, 7/8 and now 2 for 2 you've got to be among the national leaders, right? Who did you pick to win it?
                          Ohio State over Kentucky.

It says I'm 99th percentile, but the overall leaders are 98-99 points (one guy has 99), I have 88.

And in our league, if Baylor and UNC win today, "Mag7" will probably overtake me. He has Baylor winning it all.
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

4 for 4....nice work!

Let me know how much you'd charge to make picks for me next year.

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                            Ohio State over Kentucky.

It says I'm 99th percentile, but the overall leaders are 98-99 points (one guy has 99), I have 88.

And in our league, if Baylor and UNC win today, "Mag7" will probably overtake me. He has Baylor winning it all.

Comment

I saw a colleague days before the tournament started, and invited him into the office pool.
                              Unbeknownest to me, he enters TWO sheets, both nearly identical.

So now if Ohio St wins it all, I come in 3rd place instead of 1st, because the two sheets that beat me would be his.

And he didn't even pay me the $5 entry fee yet, or $10 total!
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Perfect bracket so far. Wish me luck
                                I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X