March Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Madness

Conference Championship week, or as it is less officially called, Bracket Week or Bubble Week.

Last night was bittersweet as the local Baylor team took down my Jayhawks. Kansas will still likely get a #1 seed, and Baylor has a signiture win. The Bears had been looking at a 4 seed, but have made a case for a #2, possibly Missouri's, depending on the outcome of the Championship game tonight. It seems a fitting way to kick Missouri out of the conference.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Access denied.
    拖裤子,
    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Faith in Haith!!! I must admit I had little hopes for a great season from Mizzou, but Haith has made me a believer. I think Mizzou has earned a #1 seed, but will probably get the two seed. Mizzou can obviously go far, but they always seem to lose the ones they should win esp. in the Tournament. We'll see how this great season plays out in recruiting and if we can sustain this momentum in the SEC.
      拖裤子,
      放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

OU...OH YEAH! The Bobcats are dancing again as they defeated Akron in the MAC title game.

Comment

Xavier should be in despite this afternoon's (so far) poor showing against a St. Bonaventure team that probably needs a win more. Then the NCAA, with its infinite disregard for geography, will send them to Portland or Albuquerque instead of places that most Muskie fans can get to easily, such as Columbus, Louisville, Pittsburgh, or Nashville.

Predictions for teams in my area--Xavier an 11th seed, Cincinnati a #8, Kentucky obviously a #1, Louisville a #4, Indiana a #6, Ohio State a #1/2 (depends on their result today and the committee's love affair with Duke), Ohio U. darned if I know.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
            Access denied.
            Awesome! Great game by your Mizzou team. I'd love to see them play Louisville sometime in the tourney; the scoreboard may melt down.

My Badgers will probably get a 4 or 5 seed, but I doubt they'll go far. This is the most defensively vulnerable Wisconsin team I've seen in many years.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
              Access denied.
              Looks like. Its not going to be the same without you guys. At least you do have a natural rivalry with Kentuky to fill your time next year. We have to make do with Texas and Purple State. Wave U might have some promise.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

my alma mater, Stony Brook, won the America East regular season title only to lose at home (where they were undefeated this season) in the conference championship to Vermont yesterday, thus denying them their 1st ever NCAA tourney appearance. That's the 2nd time in 3 years they've won the regular season title only to lose to Vermont in the conference championship.

Off to the NIT again!

Comment

I know two guys that went to St Bonnie that are going nuts right now.
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

How bout my SEMINOLES!?! Beat Duke and Carolina twice...first ACC championship. So fun.

Comment

Assuming my Bearcats and your Seminoles take care of business in round one (Sorry I refuse to call it round 2 because of the 1st four), it should be one heck of a battle between a couple teams with quite a few top 15 scalps between them. That was one of the hot teams I was hoping we could avoid early. Got to beat good teams if you want a chance to win the dance. Bring on the Longhorns!

Comment

If I was Iona, I would be trying to find a rock to crawl under.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I like Vandy to win it all.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Colorado and Colorado State... just happy to be here. :jackson:
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

NIT for my boys

I picked Kentucky to win it all mainly to ensure marital bliss in my house

Comment

Working...
                              X