No announcement yet.

March Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas played a very nice game with UNC. They have been having trouble early, but running with the Heels solved that. The second half was much more a typical ugly half court game, and the defense finally broke UNC at the end. The focus is on the final 12 points in a row, but the Tar Heels made only one FG in over 8 1/2 minutes.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      I saw a colleague days before the tournament started, and invited him into the office pool.
      Unbeknownest to me, he enters TWO sheets, both nearly identical.

So now if Ohio St wins it all, I come in 3rd place instead of 1st, because the two sheets that beat me would be his.

And he didn't even pay me the $5 entry fee yet, or $10 total!
      So he cannot win the payout.

Dont worry, Kansas will beat Louisville in the final.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Nah, he's a buddy of mine. Worth it just to be able to bust his chops if Ohio St wins.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Holy cow. I have excellent heart health, and I needed it tonight. When the Jayhawks were down double digits to Purdue, at least they were the better team. With Ohio State, that is not true. Then they had the steal with under 10 seconds, and through the ball away. Then not getting the rebound on the intentionally missed FT. That was the only FT OSU missed the whole game. KU was +11 on the boards, partly because they held the Buckeyes under 35%. Yikes.

What a game. For their sins, they get to play a Kentucky team that may be the best in a decade. That being said, I will take this kind of rebuilding year any time.

J
          Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-31-2012, 10:34 PM.
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Was the game that uninteresting that there are NO posts on it? (I didn't watch the second half)

And I'd love to hear how Controller Jacobs and his 4 for 4 Final Four ended up doing!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
              Was the game that uninteresting that there are NO posts on it? (I didn't watch the second half)

And I'd love to hear how Controller Jacobs and his 4 for 4 Final Four ended up doing!
              He had OSU over KY.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                He had OSU over KY.
                Yeah, I came in tied for 3rd in our league! I did have the most correct picks (45/63), but in the wrong combination.

It was fun though. Maybe the only time of the year I wish we still had tv (though knowing me, I probably still wouldn't watch a game).
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I almost could not watch. This was a game where the Jayhawks could not afford to play catch up, and they were down double digits less than 10 minutes in.

It was still a good year for a team picked 3rd in their conference.

The killer is that I did not get a complete bracket finished for our contest, so I had the Champion right.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                  X