No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ElD, I don't remember if Arrested Development made your list or not, but it is certainly worth watching and wife-friendly
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      Yeah, that's true. I just feel that Sons of Anarchy really stretched the limits more than other shows.
      No doubt. I wouldn't put it in my top tier and didn't recommend it to ElD because of that and it's not wife friendly at all.

I do think Johnny should finish it because he got through the first 4 seasons and it's pretty good from there on out.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Another comedy that's worth watching, esp as a fantasy footballer is The League. Same writing team as Seinfeld so might not be your cup of tea, but it's pretty damn funny. Not sure how much more they have left in the tank though.

And of course, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Workaholics are great, but really crass.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          I'll amend my last statement, Rectify is pretty damn believable.
          Mad Men seems pretty realistic.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            ElD, I don't remember if Arrested Development made your list or not, but it is certainly worth watching and wife-friendly
            I have watched Season 1 so far and it is fantastic.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Another comedy that's worth watching, esp as a fantasy footballer is The League. Same writing team as Seinfeld so might not be your cup of tea, but it's pretty damn funny. Not sure how much more they have left in the tank though.

And of course, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Workaholics are great, but really crass.
              +1 on these two shows..especially Sunny in Philly.

Comment

• can't for the life of me figure out how to imbed this...

Archer Comic-Con Message
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• "Taking care of beavness"

Comment

• Hey Steve... I know you were a big fan of Leverage... have you been watching The Librarians? They had a good bit on this week about how Otters were evil creatures that must be stopped before they took over the world.

Comment

• I don't know which US channel it will appear on, but Wolf Hall is crazy good. It's a period drama set during the break between England and the Catholic Church over Henry VIII's desire for a marriage annulment. It's currently airing on BBC iPlayer if you know how to get around the international block.

The lead actor is a guy called Mark Rylance. He's been acting in theater for like 35 years, and hardly done any TV or film work. He's won Tony and Oliver awards. He is fucking amazing ... one of those actors who just effortless says everything that needs to be said without uttering a word. I recognise his face from somewhere, but looking at his filmography etc, I can't place it.

Damian Lewis plays Henry VIII.

I think it's a one off 6 episode mini-series, but damn it's good.

Comment

• It's heading into its 4th season, but we just started watching Episodes on Showtime, and it's absolutely hysterical. Probably my favorite comedy series on the air right now. The plotline is about a British couple who are TV producers, and get convinced to do an American version of their award winning TV show. The network, however, doesn't want the show to be too "British" and then forces out the series' star, an elderly Brit, in favor of Matt LeBlanc, who plays himself playing the show's star. Hilarity ensues.

Comment

• First 2 episodes of Better Call Saul were really good. I wasn't sure how it would go, but it has a very Breaking Bad feel ... they have made sure to retain a lot of the feel and structure of BB.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            First 2 episodes of Better Call Saul were really good. I wasn't sure how it would go, but it has a very Breaking Bad feel ... they have made sure to retain a lot of the feel and structure of BB.
                            Tuco making a comeback

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              Tuco making a comeback
                              Tight! Tight! Tight!

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                It's funny how Breaking Bad has shaped people's perceptions of my town. Tuco, though........I know a bunch of Tucos. And Skinny Petes, too, now that I think of it.
                                yep...
                                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                                X